Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Have 06 Legacy. The heads are recently resurfaced. Resealed the cam plate and put in new cam seals.Started dripping from ds cam seal about one drop every five minutes. Reinstalled a new driver side cam seal and have same leak. There is oil on bottom of seal. I thought the cam plate was leaking because there is oil right below the cam seal where the cam plate and head are come together. Have a couple of pictures, but can't really see the oil on cam seal due to not being able to download a high resolution picture on this site. I'm looking for some direction to determine  if its the seal or the cam plate that is leaking. 

The only thing I haven't done is cleaning the came shaft with fine grade Scotch Bright pad to make sure there's no build up on the surface of cam shaft that is stopping the cam shaft seal from sealing properly.

IMG_20180928_193816026.jpg

Edited by steve56

Had Subaru Tech friend come over. He diagnosed the the oil leak. It was a scratch on the cam shaft that was right underneath the cam seal. The fix is to sand the scratch out starting with 800 grit and working up to a maroon 3m pad.

Edited by steve56