Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Largest tires w/o lift (trimming fenders)

So it looks like I am going the 5MT/EJ22 route on my BRAT. Between the low gearing and higher output, I understand tire spin might be an issue in wet conditions. I would like to install larger tires to alleviate the issue, but I don't really want to do a lift.

It's kind of a shame because of how nice the body is, but I also kinda like the way the 1980s Toyota flares look. My question is, does anyone know what tire sizes are possible with these flares but no lift? The extra ground clearance is also attractive, though I don't really plan on doing any serious offloading.

wheelwell1.jpg

wheelwell2.jpg

Ha, well that's embarrassing (but extremely helpful). Thanks for that! I will try to be more diligent about searching in the future. I'm trying to remember what I was reading that you were referenced... I want to was it was for EJ/EA harness splicing?

I realized after I read through that thread that I actually have read it before. It was probably at 2a.m. some day so I'm not surprised I don't remember it. I think it answers my question well enough, but it doesn't look like anyone had the exact flares I mentioned without a lift. If I end up going that route I'll be sure to post the results here. I'm also sending you a PM, Numbchux.

• 2 weeks later...