Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lifted Brat and Loyale build

alexbuoy

Heres kind of a video of me doing that creek crossing. In 3WD. My friend recorded it with snapchat so the video cut out at 1 minute but I actually made it up. Rev bombed the hell out of it and spun tires. Short wheel base = win

[/youtube]

Edited by alexbuoy

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2019 at 12:11 PM, Firstsubaru said:

Awesome build! How did you extend your steering rack? I’m doing a 3” lift on my ‘87 GL. Thanks! 

Clayton

You don’t extend your steering rack you extend the shaft and all you have to do is cut it and weld in a piece of metal go the length you need it so you add about 3 inches. Very simple! 

4 hours ago, 83subaruGLchick said:

You don’t extend your steering rack you extend the shaft and all you have to do is cut it and weld in a piece of metal go the length you need it so you add about 3 inches. Very simple! 

Yea i just chopped my steering coupler and sleeved it

Been working on the Loyale a lot. Got some wheels and 27" tires for it. Not lifted. Almost ready to drive it just needs radiator hoses.

2e5m5o8.jpg

Also scored at the Junkyard. Got DL headlights, a grille and some other small parts

2dwdojr.jpg

Found this plastic to delete the passenger mirror. I hate the way it looks

osd8af.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Super stoked just scored a set of good brat tail lights for really cheap on ebay!! Probably gonna keep them in storage and only swap them on for events or to get a fix it ticket signed off.

122g4g7.jpg

And all my photos on this thread might be deleted. The website i'm hosting the images is getting shut down and i'm not sure if my pictures will stay

• 4 weeks later...

Lots of stuff going down with the loyale recently! Picked up an EJ22 with 280K miles on it and I am going to do a basic reseal/t-belt job on it. This EJ will be boosted with a TD04 and fxt intercooler that i've had sitting in the garage for years. Got my harness trimmed by SJR and he did a great job and it only took him one day to do it. So happy that everything is coming back together in the loyale. Only thing I need to start slapping things together is an EJ 5 speed transmission and i've already two lined up, one 3.9 and the other 4.11 with matching rear diff.

IMG-6922.jpg

IMG-6930.jpg

IMG-5455.jpg

Edited by alexbuoy
cant get the damn pictures
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well spoob there goes all my pictures. 

Picked up another EJ22 longblock with significantly less miles. Also will be picking up a JDM sti 5 speed and a blown WRX EJ205 this weekend both for dirt cheap.

Pretty set on my motor option now. EJ22 n/a block with EJ205 heads. Gonna be running STOCK internals CR should be high 8’s. And my block is a 96 so supposedly it’s slightly beefier pistons than 97-98. Also going to need a good tune and i’ll be running some corn.

I now have a chopped 98 2.2 harness for sale. PM me

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up a JDM sti 5 speed, EJ22 longblock, and EJ205 complete with bad bottom end. Got the 2.2 and 2.0 torn down the 205 heads will be getting decked friday. Ill also be picking up a 2004 wrx bulkhead, ecu, and pedal assembly friday.

He also has DW 2000cc injectors for sale at a decent price. I’m thinking that size is overkill even running e85

Edited by alexbuoy
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Brats been getting some love as well. I'm building off my existing square tubing front bumper. Made an upper and lower hoop and the skid plate is going to tie into it as well. Bent up a simple rear bumper too. Using 1.75" .120 DOM. I got UELS as well.

IDIf5fC.jpg

Prepping for king of the hammers 

Edited by alexbuoy