Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New member, old subi

Hello all,

My name is Cameron and I hail from the great northwest! I drive a '94 Loyale wagon that I just rebuilt from a donor engine about 2k miles ago and this forum was instrumental in making that happen. Figure i know enough (kinda) to possibly alleviate one or two problems for someone else, Although I do have plenty more questions for you veteran fellas' as well. Excited to be here!

Gouda wgn.jpg

48 minutes ago, moosens said:

Cool car and nice intro. Glad you found help here over other sources.

White wagons like that were my life for a decade or so. Enjoy !

Dual range five speed swapped in or did you retain the single range ? 

Cheers!

Still the push button single range it came with. Idk if I off road enough to make it worth the effort, although, there is a relatively good amount of snowfall here so possibly worth it for winter time driving? I wouldn't think so but I've been wrong before. 

48 minutes ago, Subasaurus said:

love the wheels! straight body you got there still

Thanks! I did the 6 lug swap after reading many of the posts on here. Went to the local junkyard and picked up some 15's from a late 90's Honda Passport. They ended up being the perfect offset and stick out juuuust enough.  

I've owned rare and peculiar cars before (Scirocco, Corrado, E30 M3) but haven't gotten nearly as many people that stop me in a parking lot (to talk about how they used to own a GL and that they miss it...) as I have driving this car.  Idk what it is about this car and the Subi community in general, but it makes me feel right at home!

• Like 1

Whoa small world! I'm in the valley quite often actually. I was living in Aspen for some time then had a pretty bad ski accident there and broke my back, forcing me to return to my home town... Which has actually been really great! Wasnt a huge car guy (liked driving them, not working on them) but being layed up for a year or so will teach one to enjoy any hobby one can get ones hands on.  Turns out the mechanic side of things is both challenging and intriguing! I've been missing out this whole time.   Anyway, I didnt expect to see/hear of anyone in Spokane on here. Idk why I thought that especially due to the Subaru  presence around the NW. Glad to meet ya! Shout me a holler and braaaap it out next time you see me... Hopefully with a new yakima rack up top :D 

I love the roof rack man! and the snorkel! I've gotta get my lifted really soon, the 7 point turns to make a sharp right hander are getting olllllddddd. (not to mention a bit dangerous) yours looks like its got a lift, does it? did you go the square tubing route or did you do it "correctly"?

Thanks Gouda, I’ve got a 3 inch lift. Square tubing with crush tubing that the bolts pass through. Other than ripping a captive nut after an unintended jump at speed, I’ve not had any issues with the lift  

The snorkel is from a Mitsubishi Pajero NG NH NK model. It was filled with sand and the two elbows heated gently to allow it to be pushed into to position to match the angle of the A pillar. The top elbow was given the same treatment to make the snorkel head sit on a more natural angle. Then all the plumbing into the mpfi airbox was sorted.

The roof rack is ancient. I’m looking at upgrading to a newer unit and selling the old one to a rat rod enthusiast.

Loads of things you can do with these vehicles! You just have to use your imagination ;)

Cheers

Bennie