Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loyale Gambler 500 build

Loyale Gambler

Just ran the OG 500 in this Loyale. We did the SJR 2” lift with some wheels off a Chevy Luv and some General Grabber AT2’s. We pulled the motor and did all the gaskets and seals, timing belt and water pump. We threw a warn bumper off a wrecked YJ on the front. We put the intake out the hood because why not? I just got a GL with a high/low transmission that I hope to get in soon. She’s underpowered but who knows, maybe we’ll do an EJ swap down the road. Here’s a little before and after. 

CA9C9F96-2DD8-4DD3-9A5F-4AB9BC1E0805.jpeg

CD242567-47D7-4E48-95BC-D7E3F71D7071.jpeg

• Like 1

Don’t hate, learn to appreciate! : ) This Loyale has been in a front and rear end collision. It was poorly repaired and has more rust than you’d think. If it wasn’t for us reviving this tired old girl she’d be in a scrap yard under a pile of cars. Few cars get as much love as this one. I can understand a “purist” viewpoint but I’ve never owned anything that’s gotten as much attention as this. There has to be 500+ cell phones out there with pics of this car in it. Can you say that about any stock Loyale?

2 hours ago, Loyale Gambler said:

Don’t hate, learn to appreciate! : ) This Loyale has been in a front and rear end collision. It was poorly repaired and has more rust than you’d think. If it wasn’t for us reviving this tired old girl she’d be in a scrap yard under a pile of cars. Few cars get as much love as this one. I can understand a “purist” viewpoint but I’ve never owned anything that’s gotten as much attention as this. There has to be 500+ cell phones out there with pics of this car in it. Can you say that about any stock Loyale?

It really doesn't matter to me how many "likes" a car has or how many people have photos of it on their phones.  Intakes through the middle of the hood are an automatic boner-killer...

Kudos to you for starting with a junker, a great looking one at that.  Thank you for leaving the nice ones for the enthusiasts.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, carfreak85 said:

It really doesn't matter to me how many "likes" a car has or how many people have photos of it on their phones.  Intakes through the middle of the hood are an automatic boner-killer...

Kudos to you for starting with a junker, a great looking one at that.  Thank you for leaving the nice ones for the enthusiasts.

Well opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one. You’re missing the point, it was built for the Gambler 500. Look it up. It’s an impractical car navigational rally. 

Thanks for being my first hater troll and for implying that I’m not an “enthusiast.” What matters is I love the car and so do a lot of others. Keep wearing that “enthusiast” badge of honor but you may want to switch it up to “hater enthusiast.”

On 10/20/2018 at 1:21 AM, el_freddo said:

Looks good mate. I love your shopping trolley roof basket!

You’ll love the EJ and dual range. It’ll actually be able to go off-road :P 

Cheers 

Bennie

Thanks Bennie! The ej is going to have to wait a little bit as we’re doing an ej swap on my friends Vanagon right now and I don’t want to deal with all that wiring again for a while. I will get the hi/low trans in ASAP though. She still does 75mph down the highway though and 65mph up the hills lol

I ended up shortening the rack so I can get it in the garage

CB6F3062-0018-4A33-9EBF-A9C695FB7F1C.jpeg

Edited by Loyale Gambler

43 minutes ago, Loyale Gambler said:

Well opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one. You’re missing the point, it was built for the Gambler 500. Look it up. It’s an impractical car navigational rally. 

Thanks for being my first hater troll and for implying that I’m not an “enthusiast.” What matters is I love the car and so do a lot of others. Keep wearing that “enthusiast” badge of honor but you may want to switch it up to “hater enthusiast.”

Kiddo, I know exactly what the Gambler is.  Were I building a car for it, it still would not have a pod filter poking out the center of the hood.  Personal preference, just like your butthole reference, I suppose.  I build my vehicles based on sound design and engineering practices and I err towards a sleeper/Q-ship style build vs. building a "Pep Boys Clearance Section Special Edition" Vape-Mobile.  Whatever.  Build it your way, I'm not paying for it. :lol:

The forester looks nice, my wife would be jealous.  Have fun with your Loyale build.