Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Love my 2.5 96 Outback !

Hi Everyone:

Name is Sam i just joint  in , i live in south florida and love to cruise  on my outback glad to joint  . I have a question . I have replace the IAC valve. EGR valve ,Fuel regulator. Ignition coil and the map sensor .and i still have poor acceleration and when i turn on the car the acceleration goes almost to 3000 to 4000 rpms and goes slowly to 1000 rpms. Can anyone give me some advice on what i need to do or what i did wrong. My next step is to replace the spark plugs.

Thanks Guys .

1. read the check engine codes - what do you get?  any national chain can do it for free if you can't.

2. knock sensor is the most common failure on that engine by a mile - i've never seen a cheap $8 ebay special knock sensor fail yet so they're at least a cheap test mule. 

3. plugs and wires

4.  the timing belt and pulleys are 22 years old and basically worthless for service - they all need replaced.  at a minimum check that none are compromised.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...