Ultimate Subaru Message Board

In neutral or park I get a nasty vibration at 2k rpm. Starts at 1500 ish and lessens around 3k but is still there. Felt in steering wheel and seat. 

In gear it accelerates just fine with only a slight hint at a vibration that I would think nothing of if it weren't for the vibration thst I spoke of earlier. 

Any ideas?

Edited by greg donovan

6 hours ago, 1 Lucky Texan said:

any sound with it?

you might check for a wobbling crank pulley. Old ones sometimes delaminate and can even slip.

At least look at all the pulleys while someone else revs the car,  in case something is going on there.

No sound, pulley seemed ok. 

1 hour ago, greg donovan said:

Don't think so, it did it with the car up in the air too with suspension unloaded. 

Unloading the suspension makes no difference to the engine mounts; the weight of the engine is still on them.

If you can get underneath, with the car 'up in the air', you should be able to visually inspect the engine-mounts from below.

1 hour ago, forester2002s said:

Unloading the suspension makes no difference to the engine mounts; the weight of the engine is still on them.

If you can get underneath, with the car 'up in the air', you should be able to visually inspect the engine-mounts from below.

Did that to rule out a problem with CV axles causing vibration. But that is typically at idle while in gear. 

This is only bad at around 2k in neutral or park.