Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just wondering what happened to these people?

Most of the gang has gone to face dook. 

I kind of hate it but also participate on occasion. Tried selling parts there but kind of annoying and getting people to follow up is often a chore. 

Theres an Ultimate Subaru Message Board group. Then a couple old school groups I take part in. 

Good luck. Of course I’m assuming you didn’t know those so pardon me if you’ve already been there. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, moosens said:

Most of the gang has gone to face dook. 

I kind of hate it but also participate on occasion. Tried selling parts there but kind of annoying and getting people to follow up is often a chore. 

Theres an Ultimate Subaru Message Board group. Then a couple old school groups I take part in. 

Good luck. Of course I’m assuming you didn’t know those so pardon me if you’ve already been there. 

thanks Paul!

30 minutes ago, 1 Lucky Texan said:

I'm still resisting the allure of FB. I may give-in at some point . I dunno how groups even 'work' on FB.

I check subaruoutback.org several times a day.

I have felt that a good merger could be USMB and Scoobymods .

I occasionally look-in at NASIOC

I also check the newsgroup every month or 2.

i'll be honest, back in 2005 i had a myspace, was on it almost everyday, got sick of it after a while, then i found out about facebook and everyone moving to it around 2008-2009, never bothered since i got bored of myspace, me being 23 years old, graduated highschool in 2013, im probably the only one from my highschool that doesn't have a facebook.

i don't get the point of it honestly, i also got my first cell phone in 2008, so that might explain why i got bored of myspace and never bothered with facebook.

have always liked old stuff, still have my box tv, and never have liked these new cars, might explain some also...

Edited by Subasaurus

When the USMB finally dies out completely - people will just have to call my shop and hope I'm available and in the mood to deal with questions. I have mostly stopped answering the phone because of the telemarketing calls. I get enough of the social media from having a "fakebook" page for my shop (and soon instagripe and snapchit as well I'm sure). I can't stand all the advertising on the social media and the huge waste of time it is to see pictures of what other people had for lunch and the general minutia of their daily lives. I DONT CARE. Also the learned helplessness of the masses. Jeezus. It's just a side-show of foolishness and a giant look-at-me contest. There's no value in it for me. I frequent other applicable car forums besides this one - mostly Chevy stuff. There's still some pretty active ones for the old American iron - most of those old codgers wouldn't consider making the switch to social media platforms.

GD 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, GeneralDisorder said:

When the USMB finally dies out completely - people will just have to call my shop and hope I'm available and in the mood to deal with questions. I have mostly stopped answering the phone because of the telemarketing calls. I get enough of the social media from having a "fakebook" page for my shop (and soon instagripe and snapchit as well I'm sure). I can't stand all the advertising on the social media and the huge waste of time it is to see pictures of what other people had for lunch and the general minutia of their daily lives. I DONT CARE. Also the learned helplessness of the masses. Jeezus. It's just a side-show of foolishness and a giant look-at-me contest. There's no value in it for me. I frequent other applicable car forums besides this one - mostly Chevy stuff. There's still some pretty active ones for the old American iron - most of those old codgers wouldn't consider making the switch to social media platforms.

GD 

So true!

But can mods move this thread to the off topic discussions!

Edited by somick

2 hours ago, GeneralDisorder said:

GD 

I agree with all of these criticisms. Particularly the advertising! I mostly hate FB, because of all of the time I spend (waste) on there. I have a very scattered group of friends and FB has proven a somewhat effective way to keep track of everyone. What I do not like though is how strained some of these relationships can become based on divisive issues like politics. If I were in a bar with a buddy, I feel confident that we could put a disagreement to rest pretty quickly with a joke, but man do things get heated on social media! I am certainly outspoken, but at the same time, I am not interested in getting into it with most people about hot button issues like religion and politics.

I always liked USMB because there is a certain level of civility here; a "live and let live" spirit. I have had other cars and visited other forums for Jeeps, Dodges, Hondas, Minis, etc... Some of those mofos are crazy! There is an unwelcoming feeling to some of these forums. Because USMB is such a cool place with great members I have come back to this forum with non-subaru questions from time to time in the non-subaru areas of USMB. I've always received great support there too.

So thank you all for providing a place online where I feel at home and can access such a wealth of knowledge. 

Hope the day never comes when USMB dies out!

Edited by Jack in Norfolk
  • Like 2

I recall the Gen1 guy was some sort of professor and his beast landed in someone else's hands. Was it Damon, Dameron or the like?

Jeszek announced he was stepping back in time to old family values, face to face friends as i think cyberspace was interfering with his quality of life etc

• Like 1

I ran across... errrm, Skip ran across me in a Ford diesel forum several years ago... then, I lost track of him from there too.... (looks at Moosens) Dude. Glad your still kickin it. I've been thru alot of stuff the last decade.... I so miss the Mentor the Skip was for me.... likely he was for many others as well.....