Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Search eBay for a couple of old Board members goods

Me - Paul - “cashingmystuffin “ on ebay

Todd - Subaru3 here on the USMB and “vintagesubaru” on eBay. 

We we are both founding members here and both getting older and trimming down our stock. 

Please be kind and respectful with doing business there on eBay. They DO have robots scanning and DO set fees upon you if they feel you’ve crossed them by taking the contact and making the transaction elsewhere. 

So so please DO NOT contact me on eBay and ask to pull items or make deals here or anywhere beside there. 

You can contact me here and ask thru PM. 

Thanks for understanding. 

Yep... After YEAR and YEARS are salvaging, finding old NOS staches and parting out cars we came across, here we are now with MORE than we would EVER use! I'm down to one Gen 1 wagon. (78 DL yellow automatic, cream puff wagon that is my keeper!). I know what I will need to keep this car on the road, (with a little extra for cushion) and the rest needs to go to others. Parts do no good just sitting in boxes FOREVER! (and with a big move after 30 years in the same house, I have to thin out)! I'm not in a rush, but I will be adding stuff to eBay as I can.  (Paul has some great stuff too)!!!!  

11 hours ago, SUBARU3 said:

Yep... After YEAR and YEARS are salvaging, finding old NOS staches and parting out cars we came across, here we are now with MORE than we would EVER use! I'm down to one Gen 1 wagon. (78 DL yellow automatic, cream puff wagon that is my keeper!). I know what I will need to keep this car on the road, (with a little extra for cushion) and the rest needs to go to others. Parts do no good just sitting in boxes FOREVER! (and with a big move after 30 years in the same house, I have to thin out)! I'm not in a rush, but I will be adding stuff to eBay as I can.  (Paul has some great stuff too)!!!!  

just bought the HVAC knobs from you Todd, incase you were wondering who that may be! :)

you wouldn't have any 70's mudflaps coming up for sale would you?

Pardon me for stating we are founding members. I think Todd was before me and I came in a little after but Billy C was the founder. Don’t want to take any credit for that. Shawn is our hero who has managed the reigns and was also super early on the USMB. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, moosens said:

I’ve got some used mudflaps soon to come out. I’ll send a PM when I get them. Meanwhile I don’t mind one bit if Todd takes the sale. 

either or, i'll let you know if Todd happens to have a set of 4 and a sale does go through, but if i haven't responded or anything, definetly let me know Paul, thanks buddy!

On 10/30/2018 at 11:49 AM, Subasaurus said:

just bought the HVAC knobs from you Todd, incase you were wondering who that may be! :)

you wouldn't have any 70's mudflaps coming up for sale would you?

No mudflaps...but I will keep an eye out! Thanks for the purchase!

I may have a valance. Have to get to the back of storage to check as I can get there.

Might have a wood knob , do have a nice leather one somewhere. And maybe still have a rare arm rest / center “console” although really just an arm rest. 

After that it gets tough for options and cool stuff , but I’ll see. 

Talk soon. 

I have 7 but going back n forth on what I’m going to keep so I thought trimming two out for now would work. 

No , just have one centercaps here at home that I’m holding to either make copies if possible. Outside chance I may have some deep in a box but I can’t think of any.

On 11/2/2018 at 11:15 AM, moosens said:

I have 7 but going back n forth on what I’m going to keep so I thought trimming two out for now would work. 

No , just have one centercaps here at home that I’m holding to either make copies if possible. Outside chance I may have some deep in a box but I can’t think of any.

checking on you on a daily basis to see what new pops up on your listings, and i do gotta say, those tailights for the FF-1 Wagon are just insane, especially in New Condition, really awesome stuff there Paul!

still waiting for the mudflaps to pop up :) hope the harsh cold doesn't get there before most things are out of storage!

I’m making storage so I can easily get down my aisle and still pull a box or hopefully even get to the large heavy stuff in the back so I can sell all winter. I’m already late in getting out of this expensive unit so probably not downsizing until March. We’ll see.

Thanks for the compliment. Todd , myself , and a couple others were really lucky that we had the special era that we did. We were able to hunt and sometimes find old stock at old dealerships. And then came the contact made from a local near Harrisburg PA and three of us from CT went in on a nice sized lot neglected since around winter1979/spring of 1980.

As time went on it became clear that many old dealerships simply destroyed old stock. 

Enjoy !

• Like 1

Yeah the cold just kills it. That’s why I need badly to have the unit in functional order ASAP. I see temps going to drop this weekend and stay that way. 

I would sometimes get to storage in the winter and barely function and dart out of there to the warmth of the car and head home.

On 11/8/2018 at 1:02 AM, moosens said:

Yeah the cold just kills it. That’s why I need badly to have the unit in functional order ASAP. I see temps going to drop this weekend and stay that way. 

I would sometimes get to storage in the winter and barely function and dart out of there to the warmth of the car and head home.

where are these first gen brat bed trim clips from Paul? i don't recall, and i honestly have no idea where they even go. just seeing if i need them lol.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Subaru-Brat-Bed-Trim-Clips/123490187478?hash=item1cc096b8d6:g:jusAAOSwA29b7LKT:rk:4:pf:0

Ya know , maybe they’re Gen two ? 

They are what the bed trim sits on. 

So much stuff and sometimes so long since I’ve used it that I can easily confuse Gen one and two items at times. 

These snap into the body and the chrome trim rolls and snaps onto them. 

Let me know if I’m wrong about which Gen , should you find out first. 

12 hours ago, moosens said:

Ya know , maybe they’re Gen two ? 

They are what the bed trim sits on. 

So much stuff and sometimes so long since I’ve used it that I can easily confuse Gen one and two items at times. 

These snap into the body and the chrome trim rolls and snaps onto them. 

Let me know if I’m wrong about which Gen , should you find out first. 

gen 1 are the little rectangles that are made out of metal and the threads are super delicate and very easy to strip, including the phillips head that goes in them, that's what holds my chrome trim around the bed on.

No sets , and no sight of any other paired for this loner. 

I do have another like the one you see. I’ll list that other left side flap sometime down the line. 

Somewhere I am sure I have a couple used flaps and outside chance a stray new one somewhere but I sure wouldn’t want to promise that.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys , you can’t ask me to make deals off of eBay while ON eBay.

Robots scan the messages for just such activity. And then they charge me a fee. It’s a fact. And they threaten further action.

Yes I know about saving money. 

Also know about exposure and the fact that this board just doesn’t have the traffic it used to and never was as large as the great monster auction house.

Thanks for trying but please just watch my stuff and if I happen to post here or face dook then hook up at that time. It’s winter now and the ballgame changes somewhat. More patience required. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’m going to slow down at this time for the holidays.

You’ll see my stuff dwindling down to near zero for a short stretch. Not sure exactly how long but please be patient and have no fear.

Thanks to all who have been bidding on my items. We really appreciate it. Speaking of appreciation. - Leave some feedback !!! I’d say at least half the people don’t leave feedback. 

Have a great Holiday season and let’s hope for a better new year ahead. Cheers !

• Like 1