Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Alternator bracket mounting

Could someone please explain how the alternator bracket without a/c should be put on? I got it all together, but couldn't tension the belt. I think I might be putting something together wrong or maybe I'm missing a piece? 

A picture would do me a ton of justice here. 

Thank you

Are you using all the old AC/alt brackets? XT were arse about compared to std non XT. Wot you got? I go for non AC bracket which uses separate L shape bracket bolts to head or cam box with 15? mm spacer. It had long adjuster slot and I use a 12A915 V belt

I will take a couple pictures of what I'm talking about tomorrow, or maybe I'll have it figured out by then. 

Thanks for the input, but those aren't the same style bracket I have. I'm using a 87 or 88 gl alternator bracket. Does not have a spot for the a/c.

7 hours ago, MWLoyale said:

Do I need a spacer somewhere?

15410961161432031756976.jpg

I’ve never seen a non a/c ea82 alternator bracket like that. My alternator bracket was off an 88 GL. I don’t even think that bracket is for EA81 either 

Edited by alexbuoy

10 hours ago, alexbuoy said:

I’ve never seen a non a/c ea82 alternator bracket like that. My alternator bracket was off an 88 GL. I don’t even think that bracket is for EA81 either 

Hmmm that's interesting. It fits the bolt holes on the head perfectly so I'm pretty sure it's a Subaru part

1 hour ago, MWLoyale said:

Hmmm that's interesting. It fits the bolt holes on the head perfectly so I'm pretty sure it's a Subaru part

it is a subaru part, i have that same bracket with the dealer added A/C. only EA82's that had no A/C but paid extra to have the A/C added to a specific EA82 that you liked got this bracket.

2m5ggzr.jpg

Edited by Subasaurus