Ultimate Subaru Message Board

STOLEN 1988 Subaru GL Wagon

Stolen from Renton, WA on Thursday Nov. 8, 2018 at 4:18 am

1988 Subaru GL station wagon

4wd d/r 5-speed

Beige/tan in color w/ a round white sticker on the rear window that says "MZ" and passenger side hubcaps missing. Also has side decals front to rear and chrome handles/trim, brown interior.

Reward: Forgiveness

20180911_174535_Film4-1-1.jpg

20180911_174639_Film4-1-1-1.jpg

These are great old cars and due to the ancient ignition lock design just about any old subaru or nissan key willl work. I have a dozen old keys or so and one of them almost always works in the cars at the yards.

As in your other thread I'll keep an eye out for it in the north end.  Good luck in getting it back, it looks really nice.

Edited by Crazyeights

Bugger mate. If she’s thrashed I hope the damage is only in the engine and not the body etc. 

And I really hope you get it back and the waste of space get what’s coming to them. 

As a coincidence my mother in-laws targa brumby was broken into as an attempted theft (second time in a year). Very lucky. 

Cheers 

Bennie

You guys are awesome, thank you for your concerns. It can always be replaced and there are more valuable possessions in life, but the fact that someone stole is frustrating. What would someone do w/ a stolen vehicle? Turn it into a trail rig, or use it for parts?

Anyways, I hope they enjoy it as much as I did.

sad to read this. don't give the bandits credit for even thinking of doing anything with it other than use if for getting from point A to B

worst thing finding suspected stolen car dumped is being told by police it has not been reported stolen - report it and get the word out in your community

I feel your pain. I live in a small rural town in PA and my 97 Impreza Outback Sport was stolen a couple years ago from right beside my house. Two weeks later, the State Police found it saddlebagged in a field about 10 miles away. Apparently the crooks were going to take it boonie riding but didnt realize that there were some logs buried in the deep grass and the car got stuck. They took all of my stuff, and ripped out my console to get the aftermarket stereo, but other than that, some minor damage to the exhaust, and a few small dings, everything was fine. I got the car back, replaced the radio, fixed the exhaust, and continued driving it. I would like to have five minutes in a locked room with each of the perp(s). Lets hope you are as lucky and they find it undamaged.

Edited by jeryst
Spelling

Dirtbags.

Who would steal one of those? That body style sticks out like a sore thumb these days, my 86 gl can be spotted a mile away. 

I feel your pain, my 92 legacy got stolen and she found her way back to me. 

In fact, her ej22 is in my 86 :-)

You will likely see your car again after she sits for a few days.