Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a new 2018 Outback Limited with about 2.5k miles on it.  This week I started getting a squeak noise coming from the driver side seat.  It mainly occurs when the car is turning, but can also happen why I brake or just shift in the seat.  It is fairly annoying.  After much fidgeting I can't decide if it is in the seat or the back.  It does not seem to be coming from the seat belt.

Looking around quickly it seems that this is a fairly common problem.  There seems to be short term improvement from nylon washers and things of the sort.  Some people pushed for getting a new bottom seat or bottom seat frame.

Has anyone come across any solutions which worked well?

I have called.  I'm actually going for my third or fourth visit for warranty work since I bought the care in September...  I'm naively hoping they can have the parts in stock (rather than seeing the failure for themselves before getting the part) when I get there so I don't need to make yet another trip.  It sound like it will work out for me...

You have 5 choices:

1. Complain till they fix it. Possibly including standing out front of the dealership with a sign that reads "Ask me how I like my driver's seat!"

2. Pay for a new seat

3. Pay for a used seat

4. Trade in or sell the vehicle. 

5. Light the vehicle on fire in front of the dealership and urinate on the ashes. 

This list is, of course, not entirely exhaustive. There are more exotic solutions should the means be available to you.... first Subaru in orbit for example.

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder
  • Haha 1

So I was there today for my other appointment.  Apparently they just received a service bulletin about the seat problem.  They will be ordering the parts for me.  Good news on that front.

Now sadly...the issue I went for today was not yet resolved.  The compass on the rear view mirror makes a high pitch buzzing noise.  They replaced the mirror and the new one does it as well.  They will go into diagnosis mode next time.  Joy...