Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 whats this 1/4" little green oring for (maybe from power steering) ?

So I'm walking in & out my front door for the 10,000th time to try to move forward on my  snail paced Loyale timing belt, water pump & front end re-seal job front end and I look down on my front door threshold and see this - but it may not be related at all to this project at all (I could have foraged it walking down the road & forgot) - does it look familiar to any of you Old Gen: guys? Thanks again (all I want fro Christmas is a properly rebuilt memory gland (and maybe another Loyale Wagon) )

521510721_greenmystryoringIMG_20181110_160431_edit.thumb.jpg.174822b034c699f4fba5c30e7db60c36.jpg

Edited by Craigar

Green is HNBR and is used in some AC systems but not by Subaru. Even the newest R134 systems use plain Nitrile black o-rings. It could be from anywhere an o-ring of that size is used as most shops (including mine) have generic o-ring assortments on hand and use them whenever and wherever neccessary. HNBR can be used on many things - hydraulic (PS), fuel, AC, etc. 

GD