Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I picked up a head light at the pick and pull, Got ready to put it in, and noticed that the mounting for the bulb is different. one has a screw on (one I got) and the other has a clip in mount (the one that was in the car). Looking at the new ones on line they are all screw in mounts. This is where the bulb mounts into the headlight.

my car is a 99, not sure what to do now. do I go back and get the plug, and use the good light housing I  found, or change both, or go find a light that has the same type of mount, and does anyone know what year to look at? 

Thanks

If it bolts in, it does not make much difference what holds the bulb.  The reflector may be different, giving you a different light beam but you will know if its OK once you try it.

Or you could exchange it for the original style.  I've seen both types.  They are Subaru.

I did not get the ring when I got the light. How do I keep it in? or do I just go get the ring, and what years would have that ring and fit? maybe i can tape it in until i get to the yard again the light bolts in fine.

Edited by whynot

have no idea sorry. =(

just gonna throw it out there as an idea.. if you know someone with a 3d printer, that can also do a little cad modeling, they could probably make you a retaining ring for it.

hell, i would be happy to print one for you, if you could get someone to create the model

cool thanks for the offer. I am going to see how it goes I found one off the help section for a gm. Have not tried it yet. 

I think I will try that on my next day off, and if not, then I will just wait and see if the head gasket replacement has fixed the car for good. them go find anther light, and possibly a bumper. make it look as good as we can for a 20 year old car.