Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Edit- Ok how about Eugene OR Mechanic?

Edit I'll be in Eugene OR for Christmas, does anyone have mechanic recommendations my 92 Loyale could use. Stock ea-82 w/ 160k,  Dr swap, 2 inch SJR lift, 1.5 sub frame drop. Rear disc. Toyota rear struts with Accord springs. I've done the majority of work myself but just cant do another axle job. Im starting to think its something to do with me and not the axles. I got rebuilds from Marshall at FW Enterprises

I'm looking for someone that would appreciate some of the not so stock things about it help me improve the suspension and advise on engine maintenance. 

I am moving to Denver next summer so I might wait to work with some of the mechanics out there. Seems like there are more options. 

Thanks

IMG_20180218_153522.jpg

Edited by coolhandluke
Update

On 12/5/2018 at 2:55 PM, Crazyeights said:

So you are tearing up front axles? What happens do the boots rip off, do the cv joints break (if so which ones)? Did it pork axles before the lift?

Nope. The lift started it... Used to tear up reman boots on inside joint. but then I dropped subframe, And got rebuild Subaru Axles and thought I was going to be good for at least 15k miles . But now they're clicking and popping during accellaration and in turns and with scrapping sounds.

Just got a boot banding tool so I can open these up and see what's going on inside. The noise sounds like the retaining clip has sprung and is scraping around during rotation. But on both sides?!?

On 12/10/2018 at 4:54 PM, alexbuoy said:

My friend works at a shop in Vacaville. might be a drive for you but if you want shoot me a message and I can link you up with him. He had a loyale very similar to yours, 2 inch lift, dualrange, etc.

That would be great, sent you a pm. 

Thanks

On 12/17/2018 at 8:51 PM, coolhandluke said:

Just got a boot banding tool so I can open these up and see what's going on inside.

Did you get just the banding tool or a kit including bands?

Bands only on fleabay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CV-AXLE-HALF-SHAFT-BOOT-BAND-IT-STYLE-BANDING-CLAMPS-Kit-/132892170666?hash=item1ef0fd99aa

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CV-AXLE-HALF-SHAFT-BOOT-BAND-IT-STYLE-BANDING-CLAMPS-/261979950896?hash=item3cff38cf30