Ultimate Subaru Message Board

DOHC valve shim table/spreadsheet?

The thicknesses are shown as a comment in the OE catalog. Although it looks like comments aren't displayed on parts.subaru.com

But: http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/en_b11/type_14/engine/valve_mechanism/

Now, as I recall, many of the part numbers aren't available anymore, and supersede to the size above or below, so watch that (might be worth paying markup to order at a local dealer to verify that and be able to return if they muck it up).

Edited by Numbchux

1 hour ago, GeneralDisorder said:

Make sure you are 100% positive on the size you need. 10 out of 10 tech's at the dealer level according to my dealer parts guy get it wrong the first time, and most get it wrong the second time too. Math..... it's a problem. 

GD

Not around here, it isn't.  But I'll be on the lookout.

15 hours ago, GeneralDisorder said:

Make sure you are 100% positive on the size you need. 10 out of 10 tech's at the dealer level according to my dealer parts guy get it wrong the first time, and most get it wrong the second time too. Math..... it's a problem. 

GD

Yea, the techs I worked with rarely even tried the math, but we stocked a pretty good selection so they could trial and error to their hearts content.