Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat on BAT

ha! guess the guy that bought it just used it for a few months, and decided to sell it probably because of the lack of parts, that is a stunning 21K it's at right now... 3 days remaning.

so by the descriptions, the guy drove 500 miles on the original 1970's Bridgestone Tube tires? okay then....that dashboard looks unreal, and check out those centercaps i've never seen before, same goes for that A/C knob control before it was relocated above the 4wd shift knob but below the HVAC controls, never seen it on the left before. and i guess there will always be blanks on the instrument cluster of indicator lights, i think mine is only missing the door light.

I don't think that spare tire is time period correct.... 

-here's a reply i found from the Current Owner of this-

MikethePlumber (The Seller)  11

Not sure how to address questions individually, so I’ll answer a few in each of my posts.

No evidence of a repaint are all. Paint is original factory paint.
Yes I’m crazy, drove 500+ miles on 40 year old tires I’m selling it to put a down payment on the business you see in the background. I am told the wood steering wheel was a dealer option nobody bought due to cost.

Also the weels are dealer option “Jackman” wheels… a little different than the stock set.

Edited by Subasaurus

There are six digits. It’s 004036

Looks ok. 

You can see this old exec. made his way down to the parts warehouse and snagged several neat options and add add ons. 

But a few non factory/dealer/distributor parts I can see - not the biggest deal except now for this price it’s unacceptable - and seller notes a dent , aged tires , and more. 

We’ll see how happy the next guy is. 

That was my color too , back in the day. Had that color with all the bright white details - front bar , high roll bar , wheels.