Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat 5 Lug Conversion

So I've been shopping for tires for my '85 Brat, but I can't find any offroad tires for the factory 13" rims. Since I wanna put bigger rims on it, is there a good 5 or 6 lug conversion out there? And what possible offroad tires could I fit on 14 or 15 inch rims?

Edited by Pivotro

The 6 lug conversion is easier than the 5 lug. To go with 6 lug you just need to re-drill the hubs. You can also buy them ready to go if you aren't comfortable doing it yourself. Scott at sjrlift.com has them. To go with 5 lug is much more difficult. You would need to find XT6 4WD rear hubs which are expensive and next to impossible to get these days. This site has lots of information on both conversions.

Edited by Crazyeights

Kuhmo, Toyo, Maxxis, Nankang and a couple of others I can't remember off of the top of my head all make an all terrain or mud terrain tyre in 14". Most of them are no longer available in some countries, like here in Aus, but are still available in some places.

Interco use to also make some nice 14" tyres but I don't see them on their website anymore but you may find some old stock around somewhere.

Cheers,

Al.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:01 PM, Crazyeights said:

The 6 lug conversion is easier than the 5 lug. To go with 6 lug you just need to re-drill the hubs. You can also buy them ready to go if you aren't comfortable doing it yourself. Scott at sjrlift.com has them. To go with 5 lug is much more difficult. You would need to find XT6 4WD rear hubs which are expensive and next to impossible to get these days. This site has lots of information on both conversions.

Yeah what he said lol! Don't do what I'm doing. Total Pita:banghead:

• Like 1