Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have looked at all the 1990-1991 sunroof posts and have yet to find any troubleshooting or pinpoint tests for the sunroof electrical circuit. All I see is leak and install issue for the most part.  

The sunroof worked fine and then just stopped working.

I have power coming to my switch and it seems to be coming out as well but If anyone has pinpoint test procedures for the sunroof circuit it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I'll take a shot at it. The switch in the overhead I would think is sort of 2 switches in one. In one position it allows current to flow in a direction that causes the motor to turn CW. In the other position the current through the switch flows in a different circuit allowing the motor to turn CCW. Because you believe you have current leaving the switch, you are testing only 1/2 of the switch. Just guessing here but there could be 2 wires on the motor side of the switch. One will be hot when the switch is one position and the other cold. Place the switch in the other position and the cold wire should now be hot. 

Could always pull the headliner and then test the motor or what I would do is just replace the switch. 

A member over on the Subaru Outback forum, can't think of his handle, helped me a few years ago when I had sunroof problems.