Ultimate Subaru Message Board

91 Legacy Rear Diff replacement

So i picked up another legacy for $100 and the gentlman i got it from said the rear left cv axle is broke, i thought it waz stripped out hub. I started the car and slowly let the clutch out and i heard this rumblimg spinning noise and i ask my brother to sit in the drivers sest and slowly let the clutch out and when i looked under the car i noticed the rear drive line just spinning away. The car acts like it wants to take off but from my understanding the torque split has to have resistance or something i know that legacys have a  FWD fuse holder to dissable the clutch blpack to just make it front wheel drive but its missing and with further investigating and taking off the rear pumpkin cover and noticed the center spider gears disintegrated. ( looks like someone put a grenade in the rear diff and put the cover back on). Before i go on let me give some details about rhe car. Its a 91 legacy 2.2 with a 5 speed. It runs flawlessly with no ticks, knocks sputtering not nothin. Probably the best running 2.2 ive had. My parts car is a 91 Subaru Legacy 2.2 but it has an automatic trans instead of a 5 speed like the one im tryna get road worthy. They both say 4.11 on the pumkin cover buf ive heard they might have the same final drive ratio but 1 threw 4 are different but i dont know for sure hopefully someone can school me and knows. I also have a 96 Subaru Outback Sport 2.2 that's a manual but am unsure of the gearing because there's no sticker that I can see on it besides some numbers underneath side of the diff.

314- top

67- middle

KN41- bottom

Then it either says 6:1 or 9:1 im unsure. any insight or suggestions on what to do which rear end to use and how to fix it be greatly appreciated. Thank you and have a good day