Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Frank'n Soob

ClassySoob

This is my 85 GL with the Dual Range 4wd. I first bought this car when I was 17 for $1100 from a guy in North Cali. She was in great shape, very minimal rust. But the we moved to Idaho, and she started rusting more. The car had some pretty good oil leaks, so I decided to pull the engine and reseal it for my senior project in highschool. She ran really well, until an unfortunate event. I hit a dear doing almost 60. Crushed the front end and pushed the engine through the radiator. We had to tow her home, But I wasn't gonna give up on the ol girl. So I found an old man I was able to trade a .22 for some parts off of a loyal he had. I got my parts and started to pull out, and straighten the body. I had to replace the hood, bumper, all the front lights, radiator, a/c condenser, and the water pump. The car was whole again, but the engine just didn't run the same. I kept driving, and eventually the old EA82 threw a rod, straight through the block... But STILL I did not give up, I looked at it as a opportunity to do the EJ22 swap that I had always wanted to do. That same day I found new EJ for $300. It took me the rest of the summer saving money and collecting parts to finish the swap. And I did. With the help of SJR I got the adapter parts. I had to completely redo the exhaust, installing 2 1/4" pipe, with a glasspack, and Thrush turbo. And yet that day, the birth of the Frank'n Soob.

FB_IMG_1554741379557.jpg

FB_IMG_1554741413738.jpg

FB_IMG_1554741433473.jpg

Snapchat-491546046.jpg

Snapchat-1794722097.jpg

Edited by ClassySoob
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DC493 said:

What an awesome car! congrats on the swap! Do you have a build thread for it? looking at doing my swap this year, just have no idea where to start! lol 

Thanks. No I didn't do a build thread. I wish I had though. But there are a few EJ swap threads.

• 2 months later...