Ultimate Subaru Message Board

First time Subaru owner

Hi! 

New to me, '01 Forester, 2.5 na 5speed. This car has been posted for sale by the road down the street from me for a couple of weeks. Finally couldn't stand it any more so I stopped in to talk to the guy, drove it around the block and ended up taking it home with me. I've been admiring this body style for a while now, so even tho it took a longish crank to start back up once hot, I'm still happy with it. 

Wish me luck, 

20190202_113558-3911x1901.jpg

cool

next time you feel certain the crank time would be too long, try this;

switch the key from OFF to ON but avoid START. Switch back to OFF after 4-5 seconds (it's this time the fuel pump runs for 2-3 seconds to assure pressure in the rails) then, immediately cycle to ON, wait, OFF, ON, wait, OFF, START. do the on/off/wait a few seconds quickly in a sequence of 3-4 times, then see if it starts normally.

could be something is draining pressure from the rails - leaky injector, fuel hose clamp, pulse damper....

3 hours ago, 1 Lucky Texan said:

could be something is draining pressure from the rails - leaky injector, fuel hose clamp, pulse damper....

Well I neglected to go into much detail on that but a little more info on the car. Notice the blue hood/grill, from a deer strike and also has a new radiator.. Was told it didn't get too hot, but we'll see.

Started fine from cold, and may have just been a fluke or my imagination too. Hopefully not a warped head or loose valve. 

Gonna put tags on it some time this week and run it around a little before I depend on it to get to work or anything :huh:, But I'll try to spend some time with her and get to know her a little better and report back if she gets me into any trouble!