Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1992 Loyale Speakers

The speakers in my Loyale occasionally go in-and-out, or give a buzzing noise when sound goes through them;  this all mostly happens on the passenger side. I have noticed that when I press certain buttons in the car, it affects the speakers, sometimes causing them to start working normally. This is what has had an effect: Pressing the 4wd button (not even all the way), adjusting the electric mirrors, raising or lowering the passenger-side window, and opening/shutting the passenger door (it may be the seat belt that does it). I have replaced the speaker in that door, and the problem has not changed. It was working fine for several weeks up until recently. Anybody have any thoughts? Thanks!

The driver-side speaker actually works very well! I haven't bothered to replace it just in case something goes wrong. The wires in the doors was the best thing I could come up with too, especially since the window and seat belt are a bit wonky in that door too. 

The speakers in my '86 went kablooey (technical term) in just a few years after being a new car. Some electrical malfunction, maybe moisture got into where it shouldn't have. Still have the original set-up, just know to not turn the radio on, it makes some awful staticky noise that makes you lose the will to live.