Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Cannot find location of the vehicle speed sensor wire on a Forester SF Turbo AT 2002 (European)

Hello, my garage is adding an aftermarket cruise control unit, John Gold GC55 (mechanical) to my SF Forester Turbo AT from 2002. There is a problem: he cannot locate the vehicle speed sensor wire anywhere in the car that gives the speed for the CC. Is this harder on an Automatic Transmission model? Can anyone help? Thank you! 

Edited by Gberk

It didn't come with cruise?  I think ALL USDM subaru's since the late 90's have cruise.  Especially high end Forester such as turbos.

At any rate, you should be able to access the VSS wire at the ECU (under right side footpanel)  Not sure of pin or color for EU version.

3 hours ago, Gberk said:

No, came without cruise. I think on an automatic transmission the VSS wire is in another place than on manual transmissions.

The physical sensor at the trans yes, but the signal pulse wire that the ECU sees from the Speedometer is the same location.  So if you id that wire, it should be the same MT vs. AT