Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 to EJ swap exhaust options

Has anyone managed to tuck the exhaust above the transmission crossmember on their EJ swaps in EA81? If you have can you please post pictures of what you’re setup looks like after the y pipe. Mine goes beneath the radius rod/trans mount and kills my ground clearance.

iz17vm.jpg

• Like 1

I don't know who did your exhaust but mine is tucked up just like the original. I didn't lose any ground clearance at all. Sorry I can't get pictures but I only had to make three cuts and welds to make it fit. I was even able to hammer and reinstall the shields.

Edited by silverhelme
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, silverhelme said:

I don't know who did your exhaust but mine is tucked up just like the original. I didn't lose any ground clearance at all. Sorry I can't get pictures but I only had to make three cuts and welds to make it fit. I was even able to hammer and reinstall the shields.

Hmm that’s weird it looked like i’d have to do a crazy 180 degree bend just to tuck up the exhaust. Are you running any catalytic converters?

Ill add more pictures tonight it’s a little tricky to explain the exhaust

15 hours ago, alexbuoy said:

Hmm that’s weird it looked like i’d have to do a crazy 180 degree bend just to tuck up the exhaust. Are you running any catalytic converters?

Ill add more pictures tonight it’s a little tricky to explain the exhaust

Is your BRAT lifted?  That'll make a difference equivalent to the amount of lift! :lol:

you want the exhaust to hit before the back of the trans does.

Mine looks just like that basically.  I just used heavy wall pipe for that section so it doesn't smash.  Make sure you have the mount at the back of the trans to exhaust secure.  Otherwise the force of hitting that pipe can leverage the studs out of the heads.

Edited by FerGloyale
  • Like 1