Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2002 wrx oxygen sensor eliminator??

On 2/17/2019 at 11:01 AM, 86BRATMAN said:

What are you trying to accomplish here? 

Trying to pass emissions. Everything else is on the car is fine but the cat is deleted. Shop said theyll run it if i can turn off the rear o2 code 

On 2/17/2019 at 11:09 AM, GeneralDisorder said:

Easily tuned out with a Tactrix cable. But illegal. 

GD

Was thinking of just going this route but will the computer not catch that its just been turned off? Im not worried about it being legal i just need a registration to tow it on the dolly.  But ive run into a bigger issue with a p0340 and p0171 after installing my new engine with 207 heads. Bucks like hell, no power, backfires,changed the sensor and tested the battery and still turns on right at startup. 

7 hours ago, Wildem said:

Trying to pass emissions. Everything else is on the car is fine but the cat is deleted. Shop said theyll run it if i can turn off the rear o2 code 

Was thinking of just going this route but will the computer not catch that its just been turned off? Im not worried about it being legal i just need a registration to tow it on the dolly.  But ive run into a bigger issue with a p0340 and p0171 after installing my new engine with 207 heads. Bucks like hell, no power, backfires,changed the sensor and tested the battery and still turns on right at startup. 

Take the car to a competent shop. You have screwed the pooch. 

GD

6 hours ago, 1 Lucky Texan said:

computer doesn't catch the 14 deleted codes on my WRX (due to frozen air cut valves and related pump)

Well thats good to know. As i said the car isnt being driven on the roads so im not worried after i take it to get tested. but you do need a registration for a tow dolly in my state. 

16 hours ago, Wildem said:

Trying to pass emissions...  Im not worried about it being legal i just need a registration...

What's the reason for going catless?  It's not like modern cat converters really hurt power on a road car, plus you're not gassing yourself at every stop light.  Your car, your money though.

37 minutes ago, carfreak85 said:

What's the reason for going catless?  It's not like modern cat converters really hurt power on a road car, plus you're not gassing yourself at every stop light.  Your car, your money though.

Wont be on the road. Its a drift car.my stock pipe was rotted completely away. I litterally just need to pass emissions so i can tow it on the dolly. And like i said its a drift car so obv its already rwd  i dont want anyone chiming in with " you cant use a dolly" i know everyone here is kindof against robbing a subie of its all wheel but personally i think its a blast.

• Like 1