Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gentlemen,

I purchased a used 2017 OutBack Premier in November of 2017, and now in 2019 have just updated my Navigation Map system. I purchased the car from a Subaru dealer, and no one said anything about the nav update program that Subaru provides, FREE of Charge for the first 3 years after purchase, of some Subaru models for the years 2016 and 2017.

I own 4 vehicles, 3 of which have navigation systems (2011 Lexus, 2016 Nissan, 2017 Subaru) and updating the nav systems always appeared to be a $150 to $250 a year expense I was reluctant to spend.

Then by chance today, a Google research discovered that Subaru has the map upgrade program I stated above, free for the first 3 yearly updates, and then a yearly purchase afterwards.

If you're not aware of the program, and your car fits the years and models affected, Google "Subaru Map Updates", register for the program, download the "SubaruGen2-Toolbox-inst.exe" file and get the first of your 3 free map updates downloaded to your PC or Mac. Then transfer the file to your Mini SD card from the Navigation dash screen display of your car. Everything is explained on the Subaru Map Update site.

Free is good!

• Like 1

Thanks for this tip- good to know.

I just purchased a new Outback w/nav system, and wondered if I should have just relied on my Iphone as I currently do.

At least now I know I have 3 years of updates it before needing to spend more money- thanks again!