Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i have the rear wiper delay relay harness and motor from a 2002 forester ive been trying to figure out for hours i want to get it running and install it into my 98 outback so i can have the intermittent rear wiper however i cannot for the life of me figure out how to wire it as no matter how i search in google there is no wiring into on how to wire it to the car. does anyone have a wiring diagram / relay pinout for a 2002 forester or really any model with the intermittent rear wiper relay?

9 hours ago, sirtokesalot said:

nevermind i stripped the harness down and found out the black wire from the motor was on another plug. its working now

Could you give us a breakdown of the conversion?  I've got the relay and the wiper switch (with pigtails) ready to swap into my wife's '99 Forester.

Are the wiper motors different?

well this is how i managed to get it to run in delay mode using the original wiring and motor. in run mode it is intermittent and as far as i can tell wash mode was using the same wire so cannot get full cycle to run for wash it also runs intermittent so to get a second swipe or 3rd swipe in wash have to shut off and cycle again.

i might go back in later and do some relay trickery to make it run full time for wash cycle but for now im leaving it as is. however as far as that goes the brown wire is the full cycle and if its connected to the spot where the black and green wire are going it runs full cycle. my idea is a relay to connect the brown wire to the black and green that would be triggered off the washer pump in front so when the washer pump is running the relay would connect the wires and run it full cycle constant.

oh and this went into a 1998 outback relay from a 2002 forester.

63318741dNl.jpg

63318740SfO.jpg

Edited by sirtokesalot