Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Help me ID this first gen leggo grille

Ok, i put the part number into the Subaru website, its for the emblem and shows both styles of grilles. It also mentions an alpine sport model.

The jdm first gen leggo had the clear turn signal lenses, right?

This pic is from WikipediaUSDM_side-1-.jpg

90/91 Legacy LS or LSi

Most of these had sunroofs.

They had more luxurious Tan interior (vs. blue or gray on L models of same exterior color)

Some had Air Suspension.

"alpine sport" introduced in 92, similar options, but a double slotted grill in body color.  Rounded, softened front end with turn signals in teh corners instead of the bumper.

24 minutes ago, wtdash said:

Tangent: Alpine sport...I thought that was the one-year only model, along w/the following - from CARS101.com:

1994 Legacy - special models.JPG

Those aren't USDM models really.

We didn't get "GT" or "Ti" or "GX" in US market.  not in any first gen Legs.

Pretty sure in the US the "alpine sport" started in late 92, maybe as a 93 model.  Definatley 93 and 94.

5 hours ago, FerGloyale said:

Those aren't USDM models really.

No Offense, we (USA) did get those as I've seen all of them, except the GX Sun sport, in person. The GT was a non-turbo w/the raised roof, which was rare.  I apologize to the OP for the thread-jack.  Edit: They were all '94s released @ the end of the 1st Gen Legacy run.

Edited by wtdash

Apologies also - our 94 Ti wagon has just a painted standard grill , and came with little dress up crap. Nice woven cloth interior is the stand out feature to me. Side graphics make it an eye catcher. Otherwise quiet normal except the “Ti” badge which mostly gets overlooked.