Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Cleanest Loyale ever! Nissan KA-24 swap coming soon.

Howdy all, my name is James and I figure this beauty deserves it's own topic and attention! This 1992 Subaru is my 7th Loyale and by far the cleanest and most intact, I'd like to share it with the folks who I know appreciate these gems. If I decide to keep her for more than 6 months I'm doing a Nissan ka swap / drift rigg! 

50436413_138127027140158_5035499131905245184_n.jpg

What the hell? ...  Ummm

Cool!

There is a guy shoehorning a tt Ls into an xt So rock on man!

Clearly the car will be slammed to make America scrape again? Where are you located btw?

45 minutes ago, Brianmitchtay said:

You don't like the ol' reliable EA82? hahah

After seven I'd be wanting to do something different, no ol' reliable ej22? :P

Cheers man, do a build thread!

13 hours ago, Brianmitchtay said:

Yeah I'm not a drifter (well not in cars anyway) so I've never heard of that engine. You don't like the ol' reliable EA82? hahah

I'm a drifter of all animals! Trikes, quads, mini vans and motor homes. The KA is the most common motor in the D21 (hardbody) trucks. As much as I love the lil 90hp oil burner it just isn't worth sinking money into, just to be limited at 200hp!  

12 hours ago, sparkyboy said:

What the hell? ...  Ummm

Cool!

There is a guy shoehorning a tt Ls into an xt So rock on man!

Clearly the car will be slammed to make America scrape again? Where are you located btw?

After seven I'd be wanting to do something different, no ol' reliable ej22? :P

Cheers man, do a build thread!

I'm on Vancouver Island in a town called Comox Valley, nice little community and beautiful scenery! Not slamming her soo low that the tits drag on the pavement because I take her up the logging road to the glacier every second weekend with the boys!  :drunk:

Just now, MonkeyWrencher said:

I'm on Vancouver Island in a town called Comox Valley, nice little community and beautiful scenery! Not slamming her soo low that the tits drag on the pavement because I take her up the logging road to the glacier every second weekend with the boys!  :drunk:

And a tt LS ehh? Gunna need to stiffen that chassis up for sure! I'm on the fence about ej vs ka, I wanna do the yamaha R1 carb swap which is a popular swap on them motors.

1 hour ago, MonkeyWrencher said:

Because I'm also a Nissan freak and like 'different' builds! :P Also the KA is a stout motor and easily available. 

And way too tall and heavy to fit in the loyale.

MAYBE if you used an entire Nissan front suspension.  Maybe.

Will NOT fit in the loyale with it's stock crossmember/suspension.

Doesn't matter because obvious by the Redneckeery goin on in this thread, you will never swap in anything.

Great job F-in up a car that's lasted in really nice condition for years.

EGR lowers cyl temperatures.  If you understood it, you'd have known it wasn't necessary to weld the intake side of that pipe if you've blocked off the port with the beer can.

PCV removes corrosive gasses from the engine oil

Hillholders are awesome.  Only annoying to those who can't figure out how to use them.

Coolant Temp sensor is possibly one of the MOST important sensor to making the car run right.  

You left the D-check connectors, but cut out the white, U-check connector that ACTUALLY IS THE PAIR THAT OUTPUTS STORED CODES!!!  And now you won't be able to use the "clear memory" either.  That requires BOTH sets of connectors.

The 4wd transfer cannot handle 90hp in RWD for long, let alone 200hp.  Guaranty you break it within 3 months.  Especially if yer trying to "drift"

That car will not start in the winter.  It will probably be ruined by then anyhow.  Oh wait, never mind, it's already ruined.  But it's yer car so "tweek" on it all you want.

Edited by FerGloyale
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

KA in that Subaru is not a good idea. Sit to far forward of the front axle. If you start cutting into the body, it will ruin the structural integrity of that unibody car. I’m a Nissan guy myself and the KA is a good engine, just not in this application.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FerGloyale said:

And way too tall and heavy to fit in the loyale.

MAYBE if you used an entire Nissan front suspension.  Maybe.

Will NOT fit in the loyale with it's stock crossmember/suspension.

Doesn't matter because obvious by the Redneckeery goin on in this thread, you will never swap in anything.

Great job F-in up a car that's lasted in really nice condition for years.

EGR lowers cyl temperatures.  If you understood it, you'd have known it wasn't necessary to weld the intake side of that pipe if you've blocked off the port with the beer can.

PCV removes corrosive gasses from the engine oil

Hillholders are awesome.  Only annoying to those who can't figure out how to use them.

Coolant Temp sensor is possibly one of the MOST important sensor to making the car run right.  

You left the D-check connectors, but cut out the white, U-check connector that ACTUALLY IS THE PAIR THAT OUTPUTS STORED CODES!!!  And now you won't be able to use the "clear memory" either.  That requires BOTH sets of connectors.

The 4wd transfer cannot handle 90hp in RWD for long, let alone 200hp.  Guaranty you break it within 3 months.  Especially if yer trying to "drift"

That car will not start in the winter.  It will probably be ruined by then anyhow.  Oh wait, never mind, it's already ruined.  But it's yer car so "tweek" on it all you want.

I didn't f up anything, it's a 250$ car let be honest. If you heard or seen how she ran when I first got her you'd understand why I deleted all the bogus iac/egr/pcv that was choking it out! I put thousands of km's on ALL of my ea82's that had the delete done and never once had a single issue! That resister makes the tires chirp into 3 when shifting WOT. Why spend big bucks on simple spoob.