Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'89 XT6 IACV pigtail

I'm replacing the bent and corroded IACV pigtail terminals on my '89 XT6.  I know someone here has repaired these things using aftermarket pigtails, other make/model pigtails, or knows the type of terminals I need to get the original done, it seems salvageable,  check the pics and help please.

IMG_20190401_165921113.jpg

IMG_20190401_165903908.jpg

IMG_20190331_141401965.jpg

23 hours ago, czny said:

Check out MJM National for terminals. May have something close to what you need:

http://www.ebaystores.com/MJM-National-Inc/Metri-pack-480-/_i.html?_fsub=4139725013&_sid=3624523&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

If not check out Newark, Mouser or Allied Electronics, just be aware they have minimum orders.

Will do, thanks.  For now I picked up a Dorman generic pigtail to experiment with and continue testing.  .  I took the wires out and put them into the original.  The terminals are a bit smaller, so I had to open them a bit, it fits nice and tight onto the IACV.  I have a new pigtail on the CTS but have to check it, only getting 3.2V, not the usual 5V.  I also ordered a new CTS.  My issue is high idle with a hot restart, it runs fine from a cold start.  Hopefully through the process of elimination I can find the gremlin.  I'll clean the IACV, MAF and TPS also.  I don't think it's a vacuum issue since it runs perfectly from a cold start and idles at 750 RPM all day, until I shut it down for a minute and restart it hot... zips up the 1,500 RPM and stays there, just dropping a bit when in drive.

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 7:49 PM, czny said:

Check out MJM National for terminals. May have something close to what you need:

http://www.ebaystores.com/MJM-National-Inc/Metri-pack-480-/_i.html?_fsub=4139725013&_sid=3624523&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

If not check out Newark, Mouser or Allied Electronics, just be aware they have minimum orders.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 6:15 PM, onetime90 said:

https://www.efihardware.com/products/c346/Bosch-Connectors

You can also find those connectors on 80-90's VW.

I replaced the pigtail with a Hyundai IACV piece, Bosch style, 3 pin.  all I had to do was file two of the tabs on the IACV and it fits nice and tight.  This however, didn't fix the high idle restart issue.

I think my IACV is on its way out, it seems to stick when it gets heat soaked, staying closed or open (not sure which), creating high idle restarts when the engine is hot.  I'll buy a new one and take it from there.

I put a new CTS and pigtail for it, the engine runs perfectly when cold started.  Hopefully a new IACV solves the issue, or I may have to dig deeper into my wallet, for a new MAF and TPS. 

IMG_20190407_121539139.jpg