Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lookie!

I saw this one too and almost had a fire sale to finance buying that beauty! I live in CO which boulder is a huge subaru pocket. Like 5x as many subes than denver on the street. 

And i still haven't seen a 70s subaru in real life, not even at car shows and i go to tons of those!

It seems to be feast time for classic car buyers, i saw a 53 chevy bel air 2 door post for $1000 in pueblo. POST!!!

This whole time I thought the post started in 55. 

My 85 xt was featured in jalopnik :D

On 4/4/2019 at 11:12 AM, sparkyboy said:

I saw this one too and almost had a fire sale to finance buying that beauty! I live in CO which boulder is a huge subaru pocket. Like 5x as many subes than denver on the street. 

And i still haven't seen a 70s subaru in real life, not even at car shows and i go to tons of those!

same overhere in Texas, NEVER seen any Subaru older than 1991, i've seen 1 Loyale in the wild before, but had Colorado Plates so still unsure if that counted.

only 2 1970's Subaru i've ever seen with my own eyeballs and those are the ones i currently own.

same for 1980's Subaru's, ever only seen 4 in my life, and i also happen to own all 4 of those.

perhaps it's me that keeps picking all of them up... oops.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saw this when it was first posted.  Not gonna lie, I almost bought it and had it shipped back east, but then a super clean 86 Brat popped up within driving distance so I am picking that one up tomorrow.  :)

Edited by Scoby4wd
  • Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 4:25 PM, el_freddo said:

@Subasaurus why aren’t there many old subi’s in Texas? No dealers in that era?

I didn’t think they’d rust out too much in Texas from what I know of its climate (hot/dry most of the time?).

Cheers 

Bennie

I'll tell you exactly why, Bennie

The farther you get from the mountains, the less grace and finesse is needed for offroading.

A nice k5 chevy blazer (cool!) Or a diesel truck (poo) is lovely in the desert or sand dunes, or where a rwd sand rail will be loads of fun is not really a place for a lightweight subaru...clearly the superior off roader in most conditions.

It's hilarious to see some fool from Texas in a lifted 2wd or diesel stuck in the snow, I've helped a few out and 4lo is extra beast with ej22 :P

Hence, CO and WA = L body aficionados

South = ford raptor or crappier, unless vintage jeep with chevy engine but no subarus

• Thanks 2