Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey guys, long story short. Purchased a 97 legacy that was torn apart exterior wise, interior not too much, just the center console. Anyways. Replacing the clutch, just came in today and noticed that the throw out bearing is different. Obviously the on with the bent tab is the old one. The fork for the bearing has the pin through the side of the housing. Was able to remove it easily and what not. My question is no matter where I look I’m coming across different bearings. Now I’m finding that the year range is from 1990 to well beyond 97. Any tips or part numbers would be fantastic. 

Thanks 

Mark

24F60785-E3A3-471B-8351-4ECA58338095.jpeg

Edited by Mark3521

Check with supplier. 

I just had to return a Sachs clutch for the opposite reason.

My replacement (from another vendor) was in the same box and part number but had the correct (smaller) bearing.

In addition the pressure plate was @ 1/2' to small in diameter and would not hang on both pins.

I have an 05.

O.

Edited by ocei77

Definitely pull clutch hydraulic then.  If that's the trans, it will cross reference with 02-05 usdm wrx.  You might wanna double check the new clutch and clutch cover to see if they match.  If not, the exedy ksb-03 kit is oem replacement for that trans.

5 hours ago, FerGloyale said:

This is what a good factory TO looks like.

Whatever that thing up top is it's aftermarket garbage.

You don't need to find a new bearing.

You may be surprised to know, but there only a handful of people that make clutches etc.

Sachs being one of the major ones and their TO bearing "garbage" looks exactly like the oem one.

If you buy a clutch kit for less than $100 expect garbage, Sachs is not one of those.

O.

6 minutes ago, ocei77 said:

You may be surprised to know, but there only a handful of people that make clutches etc.

Sachs being one of the major ones and their TO bearing "garbage" looks exactly like the oem one.

If you buy a clutch kit for less than $100 expect garbage, Sachs is not one of those.

O.

There are DOZENS of clutch companies.  None of them are "people"    And I have seen many cheapo, weird looking TO bearings in Chinese kits.

I never said anything about Sachs.  Nobody has.  Nobody mentioned a price either.  What's yer point?   YOU were the one who said you had to return a Sachs kit.  So what is your point in saying they aren't garbage?  I don't get it.

Anyhow, the OP said a clutch set for a 97 legacy.  The first pic of the "old" bearing looked to be one of the odd cheap Chinese bearings I've seen.

Now, the OP has disclosed his trans is from a WRX, which would be a pull type. I'm  not sure how that's working with a push type hydraulic unit the Legacy would have.  But clearly, he is talking about a pull style clutch.  

To the OP, you will need to return that Legacy clutch and get one for a pull type WRX 02-07 IIRC.

• Like 1