Ultimate Subaru Message Board

6 pole AC relay 84 GL wagon (non turbo)

I bought it about 8 months ago.  Solved the performance mystery and now want to try and get the Air Conditioning working.  It's a great ol' wagon full of all the options.

Someone took out the 6 pin AC relay that mounts on the far left next to the other two 4 pin relays before I got her.  Anyone know a source for that part?  Any known substitutions?

I was thinking if I followed my service manual diagrams and hooked them up right this one might work but I don't know any thing about relays, specifications, ect.  Any tips for a mechanical virgin?

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/intermotor-a-c-relay-r802/3056287-P

Intermotor AC Relay Part#R802

6pinrelay.png

Edited by SpecialEd
add image

If you took a photo of the six pin relay diagram and visited an auto electrical store I’m sure they’ll have what you need - and the service assistant should know what you’re after or at the very least how to track it down. 

The pin setup may be different to the factory unit. 

Cheers 

Bennie

Thank you for the replies.  Didn't even think about using 2 fours.  I've already got those pieces too!

To make sure I understand correctly.  Leads 1&3 into one relay.  Leads 2&6 into the second. Then splice in a second set of wires so I have two sets of 4 & 5  leads to run to the coils plugs on both relays.