Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Throttle cable routing

Hi everyone 

On my 84 EA81 brat I need to replace my throttle cable. The wrong one was installed in the car.  It was way too long and just looped around and zip tied under the spare tire. I now have the correct throttle cable I just cannot find a diagram anywhere on the internet to see how to run the cable the proper way in the engine bay. Does anybody have a picture or a diagram to show me how to run the cable?

if your stock carb looks much the same as the first pic with pull side the same follow that pattern.

I am curious as to how much longer the old cable is. In RHD world the original length cable is a little on the tight side and I have found the LHD cables are 100 mm longer in the outer cable and give me just that little bit extra to play with for a tidier than factory fit

the aftermarket LHD cables I got were made in Italy and I have found I need to enlarge the hole in the firewall for the stopper knob to fit. Dunno if is same for LHD versions in needing to mod to fit. Maybe I altered the lump on the cable as well

8 hours ago, Jmpjose said:

Here you go. If you are using stock carburetor cable should be on right if you are looking at it. 

20190413_100623.jpg

You;ve got a carter carb.  Must be an 82.

the hitachi carbs cable goes to the other side.  his 84 will have a hitachi as the stock carb.

Edited by FerGloyale