Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New to the subaru world, ive always played with small and big block chevys, and aircraft engines. Well now my newest ride is a 14' fiberglass okie gator hull, with an ej20 turbo motor. Im not sure what year, maybe you guys can help me out. Its had a 2:1 belt reduction, because you can only turn a prop at 3100 rpm max, so 3100 rpms on a little ej wont do much. So we reduct them 2:1 so you can turn 6000 rpm max without over spinning the prop. Just a little something different for your forums!

20190415_175423.jpg

• Like 1

The ECU code is usually a sticker on the big flat side of the ECU. Hopefully it’s still there. 

Or, if you know the details of the model the engine came from, that could be enough to go by. 

Once you know what it’s from, scoure the car sale ads to find one of the same model as yours, and “steal” the VIN if possible. Many parts sites and dealers use the VIN for correct part and part number identification ;) 

Cheers 

Bennie

Just got in from the river. Blew all 5 of the drive belts. They were a little dry rotted. Had my buddy pull me 3 miles back through the st johns with his four wheeler. I knew the belts were slinging off when i heard the turbo start screamin, i couldnt shut off the motor when the first belt slung, and it got into the rest of them. But it kept up with my buddys 454 bbc direct drive, my cousins sbc with a gearbox 2:1. But heres pics of the good day on the river, bad day in the pocketbook.

20190417_165240.jpg

Third party hosting is the key. Chuck multiple pics in the one post ;) 

I use imageshack, but they have a cap on their free service. Others use photobucket. Find one you like and use them ;) 

So keen to see more pics of this setup. These boats are pretty rare over here! 

Cheers 

Bennie