Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Peugeot wheel center caps

I joined the USMB about 4 years ago after purchase of my 1983 Brat GL. I wanted to install 14" wheels, but not a lot of options. On the USMB I found that Peugeot wheels would fit my Brat and aquired 4 of them at local tire dealer. I just got tires mounted and what to do with the center hole. A friend of mine has a 3D printer and offered to print a custom set for me. After a couple of adjustments he came up with the perfect solution. Installed them today with silicone adhesive and they look great. If interested Terry can make a custom set for you in various colors, logos or almost any insert. 

IMG_20190419_193628378~2.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sparkyboy said:

Dope!

Do you have the ej swap in your brat and if not, why not the old Pleiades? 

Either way it looks good I say paint it black.

Stayed with EA81, so no EJ in my Brat. Used EA engine $300 vs ?? for the EJ. I'm retired and have to keep my baby running with minimal $$. 

Terry just pulled current logo, but looking at the old center caps I noticed they are different.  I'm sure the general public won't notice and looks better than black hole with nuts showing.  I'm concerning painting the cap. I'll see if or how much they fade. 

4 hours ago, naru2 said:

Not sure if they fit,but,these stock type ones are pretty nice for $13

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PEUGEOT-4-x-Plastic-Wheel-Centre-Cap-

Plenty of other choices on ebay.

I did find some plastic chrome caps on eBay that would have worked, but I like having custom 3D printed caps.  Mine are 64mm with outside diameter of 70mm.  

Damn I love that colour! I’m keen to source one in the same colour over here but they’re hard to come by and then they’re either beaten up good and proper or they’re too far out of my price range. Plus I can’t really complain since I have a red targa already... 

Keep her tidy!

Cheers 

Bennie

11 minutes ago, el_freddo said:

Damn I love that colour! I’m keen to source one in the same colour over here but they’re hard to come by and then they’re either beaten up good

Keep her tidy!

Cheers 

Bennie

Thanks Bennie, keeping her tidy is my goal. My plan is to keep her stock as much as possible. I have the original 13" wheels and center caps.  Looking for rear seats, just for shows and fix the cosmetic stuff after I get her running sweet again.  

Most of the ones here have been off roaded, rusted out or just plain beat to hell. Nice ones are rare and expensive. Mine was driven by a lady and I doubt it has ever been off road.  Cruise control still works too. 

John

• Like 1

You got cruise control from the dealer?? Damn!!

I’ve added my own to both of my 80’s Subaru’s. Soooo good! We never got that option until the liberty/legacy when it was pretty much a stardard feature for many of the models except the LX I think. 

Cheers 

Bennie

My 86 4WD wagon had factory cruise.  It worked, unless the were hills.  Carbed EA82 and taller gears than the later versions made it really gutless.  It would start to open the throttle, and if the hill was big enough and long enough, the engine vacuum would drop, and it couldn't keep the gas pedal down.

1 minute ago, DaveT said:

My 86 4WD wagon had factory cruise. 

4 hours ago, el_freddo said:

You got cruise control from the dealer?? Damn!!

Cheers 

Bennie

Dave & Bennie, my Brat has Subaru cruise control with the operating instructions in the owners manual. I don't know if it came from the factory or is a dealership installed option. On/Off button on the dash then resume, coast on the right side stem and the set button on the end of the stem.

Little plaque on the dash says "factory ready for dealer installed air conditioning", but unfortunately it doesn't have A/C.

John

4 hours ago, jdkneppy said:

Little plaque on the dash says "factory ready for dealer installed air conditioning", but unfortunately it doesn't have A/C.

I don’t have the plaque, but I have the dealer installed AC system. I just have to get it up and running again... 

Cheers 

Bennie

@jdkneppy

Your brat is truly gorgeous! Definitely old lady fresh! Cruise control and dealer plaques, have you taken her to a show where your car is looked at by judges? Only real subaru fans would know those aren't subaru wheels haha! They look like factory and if a judge sees it should be a plus to know what else fits from other manufacturers! BMW wheels fit my 77 Camaro! Loll#

Painted white and on a factory height car, they look great! Doesn't hurt to have a brat that looks right off the showroom floor, but they remind me of GM rally I wheels. Classic look!

On 4/19/2019 at 7:42 PM, jdkneppy said:

A friend of mine has a 3D printer and offered to print a custom set for me. After a couple of adjustments he came up with the perfect solution. Installed them today with silicone adhesive and they look great. If interested Terry can make a custom set for you in various colors, logos or almost any insert. 

IMG_20190419_193628378~2.jpg

I've had an inquiry about custom center caps, so will give my friends email address with his permission. If anyone is interested in 3D printed caps contact Terry Clair at tac650@yahoo.com for price and details wanted. Sorry but he isn't interested in shipping outside the USA, because of the hassle of international shipping.

John