Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Woohoo!

Excited enthusiast from Maine looking forward to talking to a few others with the same weird love for dl's/gl's.

Just picked up a new project, 69 360 with 16 miles on it. Not sure it was every sold. Sweet little project and a way weird car. 

Either way. 

Hello from Maine

• Like 3

17 hours ago, 78 brat said:

Just picked up a new project, 69 360 with 16 miles on it. Not sure it was every sold. Sweet little project and a way weird car. 

Pics or it never happened!!

Welcome to the forum! What years DL/GL are you talking about? I’ve got an ‘88 DL L series and a ‘91 GL targa brumby. 

Cheers

Bennie

Oh , and we had a guy from Maine drive all the way down to south Jersey to meet up with a bunch of knuckleheads from this board for some trail riding. He had a Brat with an XT engine in it , lifted and Kawasaki green. I am pretty sure his board name was ZXBrat denoting his Kawi afflictions. Man that was 2001 just after the 9/11 tragedy.

You saw the smoke/dust still pouring into the sky from the WTC as you crossed the GWB. Huge American flag hanging on the bridge. Memories. 

Oy boys, thank you for the welcome. I have an 81 dl, 81 gl, 78 brat (rip) an 86 gl-10 (parts car) 83 brat (in the works) 89 2 Dr hatch and 86 , 88, 90 loyales. I'll take a walk around the property and take some pictures. 

When it comes to the 360, its the first sedan I've ever laid eyes on. And it literally came with everything and then some to make it in solid working order. Be a fun one.

@Moosen Whoops, think I messed that up but that is some crazy stuff man. Memories for sure. Can't say I've laid eyes on the kawi green brat, sounds like a well done swap.

As it goes for junkie Gabe, never actually been in contact with him but have sent many people to him. Really should meet him one of these days, he's only an hour or so south southeast of me.

Once again thank you for the welcome, have a handful of pics but like I said I'll take a walk around the property later on

On 4/25/2019 at 8:42 AM, 78 brat said:

So I guess I need to figure out how to make a picture smaller, help?

I upload all my photos to an online image hosting site tinypic. If it's taken with a phone it is the perfect size for the website.

• Thanks 1

A friend of mine sent me the ad and turns out the car was 10 minutes down the road. Have duplicates of every peice and part in numbered boxes with a sheet listing what is in which box. Absolutely insane for what I picked it up for. I'll take more pictures.

The deal came with two cars actually. The other one I just need the hard top from so the shell is going to become a 'scab' build..hehe..thoughts so far in the garage are either 1.8 pushroad with dual range orrrr...to be left open to more ideas. Yamaha r1 maybe? Either way there will be a lot of tube involved. And at least 15-16 inch wheels lol idk

Lol , yeah I’ve witnessed these types of properties. Our buddy Charlie was a King with his hoarding. 

Go for the motorcycle engine. Snowmobile engine would really rip. Lol Be smart now young fellow ! Don’t forget brakes !! Not sure how you upgrade those. Edit - I read again and yes bigger wheels so you’re obviously upgrading brakes. 

And Congratulations ! That sounds like the absolute ONLY way I would let the 360 Bug bite me. ;)

Great find !

Edited by moosens
  • Like 1

And I want to say New England really has or had these characters , but modern times and jackass power happy zoning people and lawyers and more have made life impossible for these types going forward.

In my mind there’s still some old bugger up in VT with a motherload to blow our minds. Maine or N.H. I could also picture similar. 

Those adventures are the best ! The thrill of the find , screw the chase LOL !! 

And Charlie , we miss you , brother !!!! RIP 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...