Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Give me yer honest opinion here boys

2 hours ago, 1 Lucky Texan said:

me too but, kinda wonder if the spokers were a different color.....?

Wouldn’t matter. They’d still look small. I’m not sure if it’s those “dress” trims that make them look smaller. 

I’m having difficulty trying to work out if the premiers are 14 inch rims or just 13s. 

Either way, it’s the premiers for my vote (again!).

It’s kind of like asking: black 8 spoke sunnies: 

iqSQHQ.jpg

or white 5 spoke scorpions: 

MoJlBv.jpg

For me it’s a no brainer... 

Cheers 

Bennie

• Haha 1

Thanks fellas I concur. I admit that I thought the spokes looked better at first, but the 80s weirdness needs the alloys, the spokes do look best on the wagons.

The premiers are indeed 13s and you're right the trim ring makes the 8 spokes look even smaller!

• Like 1

Well the challenge now is to do the sunnies so they do look good on the wedge. I have never seen the (ugly) look you presented on the XT, so I agree with the others. A metallic silver of a lighter shade coated in gloss and new boots could look ok. The between spokes would show off the rear discs.Might need to dump the height too

9 hours ago, FerGloyale said:

Need some oval hole rally wheels.

Or maybe some "H" spoke GL-10 alloys.  Or even the "cross" pattern alloys from EA81 GL turbos and GL-10

Just whatever you do, don't paint em black.  I hate black Rims.  Just looks like garbage. my $.02

Way ahead of ya on the black wheels! Those look alright on black cars and must have chrome or bright colored trim or its disappearing wheels, not a good look! Honestly it's just semi gloss or gloss black wheels on a murdered (matte black paint or primer) slammed something.

One exception for me is factory steelies painted black with dog dish hubcaps on early 70s and earlier American cars. Boats only, most muscle cars struggle with those wheels. 70 Nova? Nice! 70 chevelle? Not as much but to each his own.

It's not an easy choice, the 8 spokes look so good with the white stripe on the bottom! 

I also have a set of factory steelies, I am almost certain the trim and hubcaps will fit. Hopefully I can try those next, they are on my red gl at the moment.

I have two 13" wheel covers from a mustang II, wire spoke like Cadillac wheels! Alas, they did not fit the subaru steelies :(

Edited by sparkyboy