Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need advice on buying weber

I love the look of a Weber carb on a ea82, so neat and clean. All those vaccum lines and emissions crap on the Hitachi is an eyesore and a pain to work on!

Buying a used one would be cheaper, they built a lot of these for upgrading subaru, datsun, ford, fiat and tons of others im sure!

Not chevy though, those get Holley carbs, the easiest to work on out of few I've goofed with. I need two Holley one barrels in my life for my chevy L22 inline six.

The price of a new Weber is approaching ej swap territory however. That's probably the best bang for the buck in the small world of L body subaru upgrades.

If you live at high altitude be ready to change jets to compensate for less oxygen. Even if it says ready to install out of the box. But that kit looks to have everything you need to race your gl up pikes peak! Haha!

Happy wrenching!

Edited by sparkyboy

12 hours ago, sparkyboy said:

The price of a new Weber is approaching ej swap territory however. That's probably the best bang for the buck in the small world of L body subaru upgrades.

There is no way to do a complete EJ swap for $319.

I'd say go for that Weber in the link if i were the OP.  That's a good price for all the adapters and the filter housing.

20 hours ago, ontherun987 said:

I am looking to order a weber soon, should I get this kit and buy the trans dapt to go with?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Subaru-1985-1987-1-8L-OHC-EA82-Weber-Carb-Conversion/331100259795

Is there a cheaper option?

Check with this company. They offer pick up as well as shipping and they're in Auburn WA,

http://www.carburetion.com/index.htm

• Like 1