Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rear hatch 1991 Loyale GL compatible?

Hi Guys,

So while driving in Portland recently some jerk shot out my back window with a BB gun. My thought is to replace the whole hatch as the easiest solution. 

I found a hatch for $100. I know that it will fit but my question is if the other features on my original hatch will transfer over.

I know that I will need to change out the lock cylinder but what about the actuator for the power lock?

Is there a chance that there is already one on the GL hatch? If not will there be the place to mount the one from my original hatch?

What about the wires and connectors? DO you think they will be the same?

Would it be easier to replace just the glass?

I have included a picture that the wrecking yard sent me of the hatch I might buy.

Thanks

kmpdx

1584782978_GLHatch.png.96afbe63e0f8283170be64ef5576b652.png

Edited by kmpdx
format weird

I see what the badge says, but that actually looks like a Loyale hatch. No plastic on the side pillars, and the gasket/trim around the windows is different than a GL. (I think I read on here somewhere that the glass mounts differently from GL to Loyale, but you will want to confirm.) 

On a completely self serving note, is that blue- and are the fenders there? :D

Dan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BEECHBM69 said:

I see what the badge says, but that actually looks like a Loyale hatch. No plastic on the side pillars, and the gasket/trim around the windows is different than a GL. (I think I read on here somewhere that the glass mounts differently from GL to Loyale, but you will want to confirm.) 

On a completely self serving note, is that blue- and are the fenders there? :D

Dan

it's a DL!  no trim panels on pillars, rubber glass seal rather than glued in.   A better match for a Loyale actually than the GL or GL-10 wagon hatch.

It may be nessecary to swap the wiring loom over from teh GL to retain power locks.  But the wire may be in the loom already and just need the actual solenoid swapped in and plugged in.

• Like 2

OK. Thanks. That is the information that I am looking for. I am good with swapping stuff since it really isn't much more work than swapping the lock anyway. I just wanted to make sure it can be done. Didn't mean to mix up GL and DL but I have only owned a Loyale and the photo is low res and hard to see. Beech, of you are serious about the parts you can contact B&R autowrecking by phone, The car is gray not blue. 

Thanks guys!

kmpdx

Is your hatch in worse shape or the difference of the price for just the glass minimal? Why not just replace the glass? 

But for $100 you can't go wrong and you will have a spare hatch, plus no screwing with glue or gaskets. But you will need beer or pizza or something for when you need a helper to install! :P

Have a look homes! A loyale (with cheese) hatch beautiful in blue. They got the metric system over there they don't know what the fuch a quarter pound is. 

You want the glass in case that little turd comes back with his BB gun? Ha

59178103_849307108735780_149387603170086

The passenger side fender is damaged and i want the drivers fender

@BEECHBM69 do you want that green or red loyale fender I posted in the jy section? If you need the drivers side more than I do I'll take the green one if it's still there...i think the red one is rusty unfortunately.

That's the cool sube guy thing to do at least, i have a light blue 88 gl and need a drivers side fender...do you have time to paint one or would you rather send some loot my way for a blue?

59712269_849313942068430_388318160707439

I have time to paint one, I'm hoping you don't because i really need money for my turbo audi build, my turbo xt build, my two turbo gl builds!

I just bought an engine (L48) for my camaro, but think i have the 86-88 Quattro/synchro with center diff lock that came on b3 audi and vw

58660728_849314058735085_328146720727970

But am trying to get a turbo ready 5 cyl like this one...

58858054_849316105401547_593309990610010

You know you want the blue man! Lol

Edited by sparkyboy