Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Perth Newbie

“Two out of three ain’t bad...” :lol: 

That RS (or turbo converted liberty going by the stock NA front bar) looks schmick!! Puts mine to shame (that I’m yet to actually drive!) from what I can see there. 

Cheers 

Bennie

• 2 weeks later...

Nice rides dude! Gotta love a boosted subaru and I'm beginning to think brumby ownership is mandatory in Australia or something haha! Beautiful.

I must admit I'm a tad confused here, does sleeper mean the same thing as it does here in the states? Over here it means a plain looking and sounding car that is outrageously fast. Same over there? The bumper mount intercooler and sti badge kinda gives your game away! The plate most certainly! I have seen the standard nitrous hidden in the air cleaner (borrring).

The slickest one I have seen dude mounted two turbos under the car near the gas tank, to a water to water intercooler in the trunk, then through the center console through the firewall finally into a carb hat under the air cleaner.

So then...you're hiding something huh? Is there more than meets the eye in that gorgeous rs? I love the usdm turn signals! 

Here those cars are the touring wagon and sport sedan (ss) they came with closed deck 2.2s and are very rare. Bored, stroked and girdled are absolute monsters 500+ hp

I love the sleepr plate, it's so ballsy that I would be nervous racing you, but it's somehow appropriate on a old school turbo'd Subaru! It would be arrogant on say, a corvette and downright douche bag on a muscle car any era no matter how fast lol! On a new wrx or Nissan gtr? Foul. 

So please tell me she'll murder a Lamborghini! There is something odd looking about that intake, and at that angle I can't see the size of your turbo...i wanna see the block stamp under the p/s pump dude! And no look at the wheels? There's bolts to keep the bead from slipping bro you ain't slick! 

We used to have a 1985 Ford Ltd station wagon it's the same as the mustang a great sleeper platform.

Cheers mate! 

@sparkyboy - The RS is practically a factory sleeper over here - subtle boonet scoop and downplayed sports styling... no one looks twice at these unless a) you’re blarting past them which they don’t expect or b) they know what an RS is all about. 

From factory they’ve got a water to air intercooler, the boner scoop isn’t really needed!

I can’t wait to get mine going!! It won’t look as good as this one but anyway, it’s an RS and I’ll enjoy driving it! 

Cheers 

Bennie