Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Friend gave his old 95 legacy

As the title says, my friend gave me his 95 Legacy L with 231k after i wrecked my 05 trailblazer during the blizzards this past february down in Albuquerque. He got it at 190k. 

Car def needs some love, but the engine and tranny have been taken care of. Since he has had all the belts were changed, valve job was done, rear main seal, rear cam shaft seal, oil seperator, transmission oil cooler... Just before he got it the HGs were done supposedly, they do look fresh just checking the seams inbetween the heads and the block.

Barely leaks any oil at this point. Supposedly burns going uphill, but ive yet to experience this.

Since ive had it, ive addressed some things that have been neglected by both previous owners, mostly safety related.. So new front rotors and calipers, new pads all around, as well as new Rack and Pinion, and inner and outer tie rods...

Currently i have a few more things to address, which i will be posting in the relevant forums shortly... Mostly it is suspension related, and a new issue dealing with a stripped alternator terminal(s.o.b)...

But hopefully im almost there, and she will make a wortht replacement for the trailblazer.

• Like 1

Your friend sounds like a nice guy!

Subaru guys are nice guys in general. 95 was arguably subarus best year in regarding the ej22. Don't worry about the hgs, the 2.2 doesn't blow head gaskets very easily and I've overheated one severely.

I think you'll love her, these cars are easy to work on. You just have to get used to driving a much less torquey engine! Just stomp on her all the time, the ej dosent make power until 3,000 rpm lol! Nothing like a good old Chevy, but better in a lot of ways. Simplicity at it's finest. 

Edited by sparkyboy