Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Picture is at the right side of engine, looking sideways.  Follow the hose at the red arrow.  Will go down to engine block, there is the PCV.  This is a 2007, so will be a bit different on yours.  

Screen Shot 2019-05-18 at 4.14.26 PM.png

General disorder   

My 2011 Subaru Forester has 57,000 miles on it. It came with a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty which is up. Where is the 100k extended warranty you are talking about. 

Also are you saying that the 2011 Subaru Forester with oil consumption when it was brand new before any one drove it. It had faulty rings. They made all these vehicles brand new with faulty rings. That is why it consumes oil. 

What is wrong with the rings. Thanks. 

My mother used to have a 07 Camry with oil consumption. It was also the rings. Like you said you for her Camry you had to have an oil test done by dealer. If you fail the test you can get new rings for free.  

I do not know about Subaru but Toyota you had up to a certain mileage or date to get it done. 

Gd

Going by video the PCV valve is connected by a rubber hose. On my 2011 Forester I do not know if it is the right hose but on my car the same hose as in the video has a sliver spring on it. 

If it is the right hose on my 2011 Forester connected to PCV valve. Then what is the silver spring for. 

Thanks. 

On 5/27/2019 at 4:35 AM, bull6791 said:

Gd 

How do you put a picture in this post. Can you put the picture in this post from phone camera roll. Thanks. 

Host them image on a free photo hosting website or reduce the photo size and attach it to your post. 

Cheers 

Bennie

I just changed the PCV valve on my 2003 and it was in the same spot as the 2009 in the You Tube video (I believe that was the first year it was located there). Super easy to replace, but plan on replacing the PCV hose as well as it will get brittle over time. Mine snapped off when replacing the PCV valve.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

You need to ask for a pcv valve for a 2011 Subaru Forester! 

If the parts interpreter can’t work it out then they shouldn’t be in that job!! 

Don’t forget to say hello and the usual polite mannerisms etc ;) 

Cheers 

Bennie