Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Folks,

Brand new here.  Found the site by accident while looking for repair / replace info for Subaru Forester CV joints.  Hoping maybe I could lube them up and save my wife some dough. 

I found an old thread about reversing the axles to put the load on the other bearing face that normally doesn't see the high forces.  It sounded promising but I couldn't connect to the links from back in 2010 or whenever it was.

Is this a valid 'fix' for a 2010 Forester 2.5?  I'm reasonably capable with tools and would undertake it if there is some supporting evidence...

Thanks for your feedback.  Sorry I couldn't locate it in earlier questions.  Probably didn't go back far enough!

Best,

Rob

It's an interesting theory. But to me, it seems that if the surfaces in the joint really are that worn, it's going to be a problem either way.

That said, I've brought some really troublesome joints back to life with new boots and grease. I've never bothered to swap side to side. I just re-boot originals.