Ultimate Subaru Message Board

For those who knew Skip

My apologies if this has been previously submitted. 

We would often ask about Skip up to just  what seems like right up to his passing.

Yes , it looks like our dear friend and great member of our community passed away last August.

Something made me look up Skip today. First I looked up Rolling Rock Beer , because that was Skip’s brand. Yes , the did bring it back and it’s still on the market. 

Skip , Godspeed brother ! Green number 33 I will surely raise to you next chance I get. 

The obituary:

Skip” Gary Dankmyer, 66 of Bradenton, FL passed away August 13, 2018. Born in Pittsburgh, PA and became a snow bird from 2004 to 2011 when he permanently moved to Bradenton from New Alexandria, PA. Skip was a member of the Triumph Club of Western Pennsylvania, Attended Thiel College in Greenville, PA and earned a Masters at Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, PA. He was an avid car collector, Harley Davidson Enthusiast, a loving master to his black lab Watson and best friend of Tom and Alice Proffer. Predeceased by his Parents, William Frederick Dankmyer and Mary Louise Dankmyer; wife, Georgean F. Dankmyer. Survived by his sister, Sheila Louise Mangeno. There will be no Services. Brown & Sons Funeral homes & Crematory 43rd Street Chapel 604 43rd Street West Bradenton, Florida 34209 in charge of arrangements. Condolences to: www.brownandsonsfuneral.com

• Sad 1

Thanks for the Subaru love Skip. 

I remember him citing people for run on sentences on the forum that were hard to follow and had too many details to keep track as it is a bit more difficult to follow on the internet on half moon cloudy days during the spring. 

Similarly I also remember him asking people. 

To use more spacing between thoughts. 

Use more breaks to space things out and make it simpler to follow.

Ive taken a lot of his grammatical advice and think of him when I hit “enter”, but mostly I appreciate his Subaru help and early adopter of the community attitude.  Very cool.  

Cheers Skip  

• Like 1