Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need a wheel for an 82 Brat

Just bought an 82 Brat and I’m stoked! Unfortunately it’s missing the spare tire. I visited a few local shops to no avail. I realize I should just pony up and do a 5 lug conversion but I want to do as faithful a restoration as possible. Any advice on compatible wheels and where they can be found? 

What kind of wheels are on your brat now? The best spare would be another one of those! Hopefully you have a matching set of 4 at least! I believe all the subaru 4x140 wheels will fit your brat, cause you have the ea81 years.

Ea82  (85-94 wagons) cannot use ea81 wheels generally due to backspacing differences the caliper hits the wheel

And keep the 4 x 140 for as long as you can, i would suggest a rear disc brake conversion first! 

Cheers man good luck finding what you are looking for! These parts are getting harder to find, i have the best luck cruising through junkyards.

If you happen to have the white factory 13" 8 spoke or the slotted steelies for ea82 cars i might be able to come off of one.

Edited by sparkyboy
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the support! I’ve got four to roll on, just feel a little nervous daily driving an older car without a spare. Most of the junkyards I’ve called won’t acknowledge the existence of the Brat, which is a shame. I’ll keep my eyes open and keep everyone updated on the project! 

Surely someone has a spare 13 inch steel rim to throw your way! 

Peugeot rims also fit (the 4x140 PCD). Just make sure you have the imperial rim size. If you get the metric rims you’ll be up for big dollars for a tyre that’ll fit - if you can find one! 

Cheers 

Bennie

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, el_freddo said:

Surely someone has a spare 13 inch steel rim to throw your way! 

Peugeot rims also fit (the 4x140 PCD). Just make sure you have the imperial rim size. If you get the metric rims you’ll be up for big dollars for a tyre that’ll fit - if you can find one! 

Cheers 

Bennie

I would be eternally grateful and my life’s work would be complete. Someone help the poor boy out. 

There are a few ea81 8 spokes here in denver.

Bring your brat! Get a spare from the jy - pull and pay denver and lkq aurora  (my closest) both have wheels that will fit the bill! Then you can go camping on the way back.

Or...throw a little loot this poor boys way and a a ride to utah and you can rock on! Will your lifes work really be complete until your brat takes you camping, and finally to the big west coast subaru gathering, you two win best of show, then go camping on tge way back? 

Do you happen to live near a greyhound bus depot? Cheapest way to ship cause they don't deliver.

Cheers man!

There are slotted steelies here too.

Edited by sparkyboy
  • Thanks 1

That sounds wonderful right about now, especially since we haven’t taken our inaugural summer vacation yet. Unfortunately I wouldn’t be able to get out there for another month or so, but that’s definitely the best option. 

Thank you so much for your help and advice! You rock. 

I think I have some spare steelies for a '86/93 GL that should fit fine. Theyre not doughtnut sized spares though, theyre full size. Im in Vancouver BC and shipping to Utah is a bit on the expensive side. I also have the spare for my '83 wagon, but thats also not a full size.

• Like 1