Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anybody out there still doing harness swaps for hire?

EJ22>EA81

Donor car is a '96 legacy

going into an 85 brat.

yeah, yeah, yeah... what can I say as soon as I got all my parts in a row and got everything cracked open, a ton of work came up and now I honestly cannot spare the time to do the wiring harness swap. Plus, it's the scariest part for me and I suck at electronics! So... any guns for hire? Saw someone used to do it for $200 + shipping. Happily pay that to get my monster back in the game. Cheers

@anothertucker

Obd 2 then?

I have one of each (obd1 and 2) at the moment. I understand obd1 is better if you plan on adding boost later.

I think most of the money for the harness trimming is for shipping that monstosity pre trimming

20190113_161948.thumb.jpg.899d9aa83d840d91a6155d0b53325045.jpgWP_20160808_001.thumb.jpg.7d5ef50634a880291cb1e88665c01002.jpgFB_IMG_15476154016969744.jpg.37e7c99e0bd66f40aeddcfce3ebc6acf.jpg

Some pics of my work. She purrs!

Let's work something out. I got you for cheaper. I'll send you a cut harness and you can horse around with yours for a spare. 

Then if you have your brat a million miles from civilization (old school subaus natural habitat) and she suddenly stops getting fuel (a new school subaru behavior ;)) at least you can check the circuit and relay before you start smacking the fuel pump and praying (bmw driver style) and before grabbing your 10 mm to install your spare pump!

I did my 86 gl ej22 swap 3 years ago, best thing i ever did (for one of these turds:P)

And your math checks out, ej22 is greater than ea81 lol

Edited by sparkyboy
  • Like 1

PM me I do OBD II for $180 + shipping

Will come with heat shrunk, weather proof Fusible link for main battery connection.  All other wires will be labeled and long enough for you to route as you wish to IG., Fuel Pump, tach, speedo, CEL, Etc.  

* stripping harness only.

If you can bring the car to Corvallis I can install harness for labor time rates.

Edited by FerGloyale
details
  • Like 5