Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Windshield Replacement

Can i swap a windshield from a 1989 dl sedan to my 93 loyale wagon? 

Also if anyone needs parts from a 89 dl with 3AT EA82, base model as far as i can tell (crank windows, manual seatbelts, no tach) there is one at my jy right now. PM me with questions about parts

Yes. That’ll work. 

The trick is not to crack the windscreen upon removal. And you’ll need that glue stuff you apply to the windscreen and put a current over the wires to heat it up. I’ve always had a pro fit my L series windscreens.

Cheers 

Bennie

I have removed 2 out of 3 successfully.  The 2 that came out undamaged I used a guitar string as a cutter.  One of the lower note strings for an electric guitar with the wrapped layer.  Extend it with a couple feet of additional wire, and add 2x2 .woodblock handles.

Remove the dash and all the trim, inside and out.

Getting it started is a bit tricky, you have to find a place you can poke it through before adding the second extension. 

Then it's just hard work sawing your way around.   Pay attentionto the angles so the wire is only rubbing the sealant, not edge of glass or car frame.  Tension is up near the limits of the guitar string.  Not easy work.