Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New owner of 2013 Impreza

Good morning...I am on other car enthusiast forums for my Acura and my Miata, and find them very helpful and informative.  I just bought a 2013 Impreza Premium Sport for my son who will be 16 in a few weeks.

I'm here to learn from the experts, and long time owners.  These forums are invaluable for car owners, and I look forward to learning.

• Like 2

What a nice dad! 

Does your kid have a lead foot like im assuming dad has? Its a requirement in a miata am i right? Haha no offense its a requirement for subaru driving for certain! You know the vw philosophy, no power until 3000 rpm! If you have any concerns about him ripping his new car around  don't worry awd has adequate grip and he will quickly be used to driving briskly yet methodically in any situation. Spirited as some say?

Judging by your other car interests im assuming that your boy been power shifting since before he could walk? Go karts perhaps? Do you race and have you let him drive your acura or mazda like he stolded it?

What acura do you have? Original integra? Is yours equipped with front posi?

Welcome to the forum. Spot on about these things a good forum is an invaluable resource of knowledge. All thanks to a handful of experts (read: weirdos) or known affectionately as geeks take enough time to help someone who signs up just to fix one problem and is never heard from again. I wonder sometimes how many hilariously epic threads are out there on all the forums. There should be a sticky  

One epic thread here, you don't even have to be a sube guy, this is so funny: 

I think most of the fun is seeing what other cars people dig. My first love is chevy.

You see, my dad was cool as fock as well and got "us" a 77 camaro to drive and restore a father son project! My azz its been 23 years but now she has an L48 small block  with m21 trans. And finally getting a proper resto very little thanks to pops! @el_freddo should like this, my camaro originally came equipped with the L22 gm 250.

4.1 inline six what you guys call the family II series. Its only known by the code here also available in 194 and 292 ci. And the first gen 230 was the family 1 in aus. I love that engine, the family II is simply the coolest name for an engine ever. The aussies are second to none for little creative details like naming. We call one the isuzu rodeo and in aus its the same thing but called the holden jackaroo? Man i want a jackaroo!

Anyway you guys gonna upgrade his impreza once he shows that he can stay with the miata in the s turns? Or an old school subaru build, the engine in his impreza will drop right into a light weight 80s body i suggest the full time 4wd with diff lock if you guys come to appreciate subarus awd. Put that trans in a brat or rx. Torsen posi up front of course, in fact that should be the first thing you guys do to the new impreza!

One last thing about upgrades, the exhaust. Tell your son that an expert (i use that self proclaimed title VERY loosely):P on the subaru forum said its better keep her fully muffled. I was young once, in the 90s and cars have changed since then. The panty dropper part is no longer behind the cat, but in front the loud part should be a monster blow off valve. A late model impreza is supposed to blend in, the cheerleaders cant make fun of what they don't notice! :lol:

Cheers man

Edited by sparkyboy

On 5/29/2019 at 11:07 PM, sparkyboy said:

What a nice dad! 

Does your kid have a lead foot like im assuming dad has? Its a requirement in a miata am i right? Haha no offense its a requirement for subaru driving for certain! You know the vw philosophy, no power until 3000 rpm! If you have any concerns about him ripping his new car around  don't worry awd has adequate grip and he will quickly be used to driving briskly yet methodically in any situation. Spirited as some say?

Judging by your other car interests im assuming that your boy been power shifting since before he could walk? Go karts perhaps? Do you race and have you let him drive your acura or mazda like he stolded it?

What acura do you have? Original integra? Is yours equipped with front posi?

Welcome to the forum. Spot on about these things a good forum is an invaluable resource of knowledge. All thanks to a handful of experts (read: weirdos) or known affectionately as geeks take enough time to help someone who signs up just to fix one problem and is never heard from again. I wonder sometimes how many hilariously epic threads are out there on all the forums. There should be a sticky  

One epic thread here, you don't even have to be a sube guy, this is so funny: 

I think most of the fun is seeing what other cars people dig. My first love is chevy.

You see, my dad was cool as fock as well and got "us" a 77 camaro to drive and restore a father son project! My azz its been 23 years but now she has an L48 small block  with m21 trans. And finally getting a proper resto very little thanks to pops! @el_freddo should like this, my camaro originally came equipped with the L22 gm 250.

4.1 inline six what you guys call the family II series. Its only known by the code here also available in 194 and 292 ci. And the first gen 230 was the family 1 in aus. I love that engine, the family II is simply the coolest name for an engine ever. The aussies are second to none for little creative details like naming. We call one the isuzu rodeo and in aus its the same thing but called the holden jackaroo? Man i want a jackaroo!

Anyway you guys gonna upgrade his impreza once he shows that he can stay with the miata in the s turns? Or an old school subaru build, the engine in his impreza will drop right into a light weight 80s body i suggest the full time 4wd with diff lock if you guys come to appreciate subarus awd. Put that trans in a brat or rx. Torsen posi up front of course, in fact that should be the first thing you guys do to the new impreza!

One last thing about upgrades, the exhaust. Tell your son that an expert (i use that self proclaimed title VERY loosely):P on the subaru forum said its better keep her fully muffled. I was young once, in the 90s and cars have changed since then. The panty dropper part is no longer behind the cat, but in front the loud part should be a monster blow off valve. A late model impreza is supposed to blend in, the cheerleaders cant make fun of what they don't notice! :lol:

Cheers man

Thanks for the note, and the humor.  I no longer have that Acura, but I did have an '09 TL 3.7L SH-AWD...absolute blast to drive and let the AWD push you through the corners...a little different feel than my NA '95 Miata, but the Miata is still a lot of fun.  "Spirited" is a great description....any Miata owner will tell you it is a lot more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow.

My son still has his temp license, so he doesn't quite have the experience to trail me on the twisties here in SW Ohio...maybe someday.  I would love it!

• Like 1